Another Jug Project

liquorboxracing

I have several small projects going and this is one of them. I am building a Replica of the P-47 Razorback that is in the National Museum of the United States Air Force. It is painted after the plane Col. Neel Kearby flew know as the Fiery Ginger IV.

I started with the 1/72 Academy kit. Mostly going to be right out of the box. I have already built the Cockpit and detail painted, as well as joined the two halves of the fusalage together. I smoothed the seems then glued both the wing sections together. I cut the guns from the wings, and drilled the wings for hypodermic tubing. I glued the wings to fusalage, and began sanding the mating surfaces even to one another. I then cut and glued the hypodermic tubing in the wings.

modelpics004.jpg

modelpics0052.jpg

modelpics006.jpg

I found decals for this build from CanMilAir and have them already. They look great and match the colors that are on the plane in the museum. I need to order the correct wheels for this build though. More to come.

I taped up the bottom of the wings and fuselage where they meet and sanded those areas even with one another. I used the tape to minimize loss of panel lines where I was sanding. I fitted the rear satbilizers then glued them in place. I then glued the armorment racks under the wings. Once dried I cut the racks down and narrowed them to match the ones on the plane in the museum. I need to make an additional spur off the back side of each rack still. I primed several areas that needed attention with Tamiya brushable primer and let that set. here are some progress pics.

modelpics001.jpg

modelpics003.jpg

modelpics004-1.jpg

modelpics009.jpg

modelpics008-1.jpg

modelpics011.jpg

I hilighted all the panel lines today. I used Model Masters flat black thinned about 60%. I then sanded off the rough over spray from the top surfaces prepping the model to be masked for the white wing leading edges and white vertical stabilizer. Here's some pics.

modelpics001-1.jpg

modelpics002-1.jpg

modelpics011-1.jpg

modelpics012-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back