AMT Star Destroyer

Ozzman78

"Only imperial stormtroopers are so precise."
I just finished the AMT Star Destroyer. Picked it up for $15 on ebay and I must say it was a fun build. If you have not built one, everything you have heard is true, the kit stinks. Its in the shape of a SD but that is about all that is correct. Detail and fit are horrible. A lot of glue, putty, dry fitting, and cutting to get this old girl shipshape. Built OOB, painted with Testors enamel, as always.

In spite of itself I love that a Star Destroyer is in the collection. Feel free to comment or critique.

8740366043_aa5c7a68a1.jpg

8740365993_3ebec544f5.jpg

8740365947_0b3e5c0f4b.jpg

8741483814_eeac96a9f2.jpg

-Ozz

Nicely done. I have one of these and have put of building it for the reason you outlined...

Its a crud kit but I still love having an SD on the self. I think with a lot of TLC it builds up just fine.

Thanks for the look and the comments.

Well for 15 bucks you cant go wrong. I have seen these on Ebay but never been able to pull the trigger. You did a great job on it though!!!

letsgobrowns82 said:
Well for 15 bucks you cant go wrong. I have seen these on Ebay but never been able to pull the trigger. You did a great job on it though!!!

I've seen them sell for almost 100 bucks. I would be crazy pissed-off to pay that kind of money for such a lame kit. But 15, now that I couldn't pass up.

Thanks for looking.

Great job on the Star Destroyer . I've one of these stashed away somewhere , which I built 20 odd years ago ! I'm definitely going to unearth her and re-aquaint myself with her "charms"!

I have one too and have debated on spending th mooney for all the resin.

Yours looks really good.

Latest posts

Back