AMT Slave-One

My back pack has jets...I bounty hunt for jabba hutt to finance my vette..

anyway, here's another one I smashed together in a couple of weeks. I thought I was pretty much done with this one till a couple of lights burned out inside. But here are the work in progress pics.
BottomHull1.jpg
BottomHull3.jpg

FrozenHan1.jpg
DCFN0011.jpg
DCFN0010.jpg
DCFN0009.jpg
DCFN0008.jpg
DCFN0001.jpg
DCFN0006.jpg
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysEh0b4424[/youtube]

Just goes to show that the old AMT kits can turn out real good! Do you have blue fiber optics in the wings?

Some people care ;)
I'm also starting to build a slave 1, and you indeed got a great paintjob. A little too shiny for me, though, but good paint chipping effect.

It does look pretty darn good for an AMT kit ! I would Mask the cockpit and Dull coat it just a tad !!!

to remove some of the sheen! but that's me !!!

Overall, a great addition to your collection ! Koo-dos on a Nice Job !

The other week I sprayed my Xs with Testors Dull and it made a HUGE difference. Tied everything together real nice like. I"m sure that would do the same here. I have this kit and a plan for it in a HUGE diorama.....some day. LOL.

You know, I just started using future and I'm not too fond of the shine it leaves.
I used to use a water based flat sealer, then it turned all of the decals yellow, so I just quit using that all together.
Is the Testor's brand known for yellowing decals?? Cause otherwise, I'd switch in a heartbeat. Though, I like Future, cause well..it's relatively cheap for the amount that you get and need for a typical model. This one has no decals so I may just run out and grab some anyway.

Future is high gloss for sure. I hope the Testors doesn't turn yellow......

The old Testors rattle cans didn't turn decals yellow. I don't know about the new stuff. I haven't used it with anything that had decals, so I can't really comment on that. I would be interested in finding out however. That would be good to know.

I won't tell you all about Future's Goods and Bads ! but I is used to "SEAL in" an Acrylic Paint Job so I can distress it later using Oil base washes or Avoid Silvering of the Clear carrier film Decals are made of !

I then used a second coat ! which “Seal’s in” the decals and that way !!! When you weather your models... the Hard Outline of large decals is diminished !! and makes the decals look part of the paint job ! Then comes the Semi gloss or Dull coat from a compatible product line… in my case ! Polyscale Mate clear coats !

They have Gloss semi Gloss and Dull to suit all needs !

Of course if you are a Lacquer type of guy… well … you use what is best for ya !

I can’t breath any of that stuff been there done that !!! and I’m paying for it now !!!
Now, its all done in a well ventilated Paint Booth ! and Mask !

schweinhund227 said:
I won't tell you all about Future's Goods and Bads ! but I is used to "SEAL in" an Acrylic Paint Job so I can distress it later using Oil base washes or Avoid Silvering of the Clear carrier film Decals are made of !

I then used a second coat ! which “Seal’s in” the decals and that way !!! When you weather your models... the Hard Outline of large decals is diminished !! and makes the decals look part of the paint job ! Then comes the Semi gloss or Dull coat from a compatible product line… in my case ! Polyscale Mate clear coats !

They have Gloss semi Gloss and Dull to suit all needs !

Of course if you are a Lacquer type of guy… well … you use what is best for ya !

I can’t breath any of that stuff been there done that !!! and I’m paying for it now !!!
Now, its all done in a well ventilated Paint Booth ! and Mask !

Honestly, I think I'm done with laquers,but I have seen the Polyscale finishes, and I used to work with them. I've also seen a Microscale product along the same lines, I just have never used them. I'm going to give them a try on an A-wing I just finished, I applied a thin coat of future to that one to ease up the gloss of the decals, but I'm just not digging the gloss.
Again, thanks for all of the advice.

I really like how the lighting is subtle and seems to-scale with the rest of the ship. Very nice job.

Latest posts

Back