AMT/Round 2 Munster Koach 1/25

My next model, the 1/25 AMT/Round 2 Munster Koach.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F5NS7rlMr0[/youtube]

I went to the Birmingham NEC toyfair with my wife & I managed to pick up 4 model kits & they were right bargains too.

I started on the engine, which TBH is not a full engine, just a basic few parts (shame there isn't an aftermarket full detailed engine)

Then came the tyres, which were described as "full racing slicks" but it was a shame they wern't rubber, I did have a slight problem getting the chrome rims to slot into place on the rears, but they went in eventually.

However I couldn't paint the raised Firestone logos with the same success I had on the Ford Cosworth logo on the engine block of the indycar, so I re-painted them over with the anthracite, im going to try & source some Firestone F1/Indycar Decals, but not sure if they will fit the rear tyres, as they are drag-racing slicks.

Then I started on the interior tub & 4 coats later of red on top of white primer, it turned out great.

Now to start on the main bodyshell & exterior construction.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Some more progress on the Munster Koach.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8711clOVvsg[/youtube]

Now the Engine/Chassis is done its time to start the main body.

I started off with the main primer coat & then sprayed on the main black gloss coat whilst making off the interior part of the body, then I took the making tape off & re-masked the rest of the koach & sprayed the interior with the white primer.

Once the white primer dried, I then started the windows & gave them a haggered look & proceeded with the 4 coats of red by hand.

Once the red dried, I then tidied up round the edges with the black & then sealed everything on the interior ready for the tub to be installed.

Tub went in ok, had to angle it slightly to allow the seats to go through & then clipped inside & ran some glue around the edges & had to top up inside where the tub had scratched a little red off.

I painted most of the chrome pieces in brass & started to install some of them onto the koach, but the lower exhaust pipes when mounting them to the engine, dislodged the engine block from the chassis, but when dry the tubes stabilised the engine block, so no new gluing required.

Rear upper seats were also painted & glued to the support mounts & some food ties were used to create some arm rests.

Not long to go now.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Here is the finished Munster Koach.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNIiMlrw5vs[/youtube]

My wife corrected me on the cost of the kit, it was £30 not the £25 id previously stated.

Anyways, I have finished the last bit of construction & put the decals on, but unfortunately the door crest "Munster Koach" lettering didnt blend into the black body paint & you cant see it.

With the picture on the box of the crest is mainly red & black detailing & lettering, its a shame AMT didnt copy the crest exactly.

The rear door yellow panel went on with no problems & the microset & sol did its job with that.

Then I sealed all over with the Humbrol Glosscote all over & the koach has turned out quite well.

But for the £30 I paid its not worth the cost, especially the limited detail this kit has & it desperately needs aftermarket parts, namely:-

Engine,
Decals for tyres & dashboard
Rear upper seat needs more detail
Windscreen needs the lace curtain (not the dashboard lace, as I said)
Headlamps, rear lamp & side body lamps need clear parts all the way round.

This is a good kit if you see it it the bargain bin or a sale online for around £10-15, $10-15 but not the £30 I paid.

Im quite happy on how its turned out.

Cheers,

Wayne.

Definitely turned out well, Wayne.
Excellent results from a .. less than excellent kit

Latest posts

Back