AMT ERTL Millennium Falcon Build

Then I went and had to put a light in the cockpit.

So much for making this a simple build to get my hand back in after 30 years...

I'm going to try and do landing gear lights, and an engine light also..

Attachments

• Cockpit Lights_094422.jpg
    Cockpit Lights_094422.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Cockpit Lights_094427.jpg
    Cockpit Lights_094427.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Cockpit Lights_094433.jpg
    Cockpit Lights_094433.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Cockpit Lights_094449.jpg
    Cockpit Lights_094449.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Cockpit Lights_094458.jpg
    Cockpit Lights_094458.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Cockpit Lights_094516.jpg
    Cockpit Lights_094516.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 15
Then I went and had to put a light in the cockpit.

So much for making this a simple build to get my hand back in after 30 years...

I'm going to try and do landing gear lights, and an engine light also..
And then it begins...

But in a sence it's not really our fault... We're just committed to doing our best... The way our parents taught us!

And then there's the fact that there really is no simple build... And where would the fun be in that!?

I remember that submarine hatch and that poorly designed cockpit... Mostly with fondness. I too started to modify it, but my mojo had gone out of this universe a long time ago.

I have to say that this is one of the best looking cockpits on this thing that I've seen. U have moved past the - oh well its the ertl kit - to - is that a bandai?

Great job man... Makes me wanna take up mine again.

Oh my!

Ps... Please ad the missing viewport frames.

I had to work out how to set up for lighting.
I purchased some Micro LED's from Amazon, with some test circuit boards.
Then how to mount the board??

I came up with this:
Cut some waste spru
File it down in while spinning it in my drill
Drill out the holes on the Circuit board
Poke the spru through and melt it on like rivets
Then find a spot inside the hull to glue it all on
Now I just have to wire it all up.
The power supply is a Button Battery pack.

Attachments

• Circuit Board Mount_133612.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_133612.jpg
    336.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_133926.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_133926.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_133939.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_133939.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_134554.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_134554.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_134535.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_134535.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_134543.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_134543.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_175325.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_175325.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_175315.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_175315.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Circuit Board Mount_175321.jpg
    Circuit Board Mount_175321.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 6
24RFjeI.png

I had to work out how to set up for lighting.
I purchased some Micro LED's from Amazon, with some test circuit boards.
Then how to mount the board??

I came up with this:
Cut some waste spru
File it down in while spinning it in my drill
Drill out the holes on the Circuit board
Poke the spru through and melt it on like rivets
Then find a spot inside the hull to glue it all on
Now I just have to wire it all up.
The power supply is a Button Battery pack.
Good job man...

Tell me... Are u going to modify this thing other than lighting? I still hope you'll add the missing frame in the viewport, but this thing has a lot of good things going for it, and some pretty bad things, sadly... The two most obvious ones are the hight of the side panels and the length of the cockpit tube before the cone.

Good job man...

Tell me... Are u going to modify this thing other than lighting? I still hope you'll add the missing frame in the viewport, but this thing has a lot of good things going for it, and some pretty bad things, sadly... The two most obvious ones are the hight of the side panels and the length of the cockpit tube before the cone.
Do you have any pictures of the missing frame in the viewport, so I can work out what is missing and how to add it in?
This is my first model in 35 years, and my first Millennium Falcon.
:)

Do you have any pictures of the missing frame in the viewport, so I can work out what is missing and how to add it in?
This is my first model in 35 years, and my first Millennium Falcon.
:)
Don't worry man I never finished mine...

I did modify a tiny one recently tho, basically halfed the hight and pushed the middle sections further apart to make her a bit more chubby... The girl is rather chubby

I think some simple styrene strips will do the trick on the cockpit.

I still have my old Falcon, the one you're tackling now... Honest your build has me wanting to work on her again. I'm thinking basically dropping the middle stuff and scratching all of it. I seem to remember I found a homepage at some point showing the ertl kit over the filming model. She wasn't to much off. The cockpit tube was too long, but that is easily fixed.

That'll make for a great model... Then and there...

If you then give the middle "clamp", docking rings and the piping some love... You'll have a ship rivaling the bandai one and at a price that won't ruin your marriage.

Last edited:
Hey Andrew I hope you're having fun with this one... I'm on vacation atm, and I find myself constantly browsing the net for Falcon scratch builds or mpc MF builds... Lol... I have a m41 tank I need to concentrate on.

Honestly I always dreamed of scratching my ovn MF... But never had the time og money to do so... Now I still don't have the time, but I guess I could channel some money into such a project...

Anyway... I just wanted to say thank you for starting the Kindle again

Have you seen this build? http://www.starshipmodeler.com/starwars/jm_mf.htm

Hey Andrew I hope you're having fun with this one... I'm on vacation atm, and I find myself constantly browsing the net for Falcon scratch builds or mpc MF builds... Lol... I have a m41 tank I need to concentrate on.

Honestly I always dreamed of scratching my ovn MF... But never had the time og money to do so... Now I still don't have the time, but I guess I could channel some money into such a project...

You're welcome. Always happy to stick a match to a fire :D
This is my first one in 35 years, so I'm trying to take it easy.
Sadly my day job is all too distracting in my life so I only see 30 minutes to an hour each week on the model

I've also got these ones to build one day also.
I will also get the Bandi perfect grade kit once these are all built and I have my hand in on the detailing

Attachments

• MPC Millennium Falcon.jpg
    MPC Millennium Falcon.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 3
  • MPC Darth Vader Tie Fighter.jpg
    MPC Darth Vader Tie Fighter.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 3
  • MPC Star Destroyer.jpg
    MPC Star Destroyer.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 3
  • MPC X-Wing.jpg
    MPC X-Wing.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210725_154830.jpg
    20210725_154830.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 3
I've also got these ones to build one day also.
I will also get the Bandi perfect grade kit once these are all built and I have my hand in on the detailing
Same Falcon I have... I actually have a WIP on the Darth Vader one as we speak... Don't quit know how to link to it, but if your interested I'm sure you'll find it. I have the X wing as well, tho it has been living for 15 years without a box top, so I can't remember the box art anymore... Plus the plastic is miscolored... I'll still build it tho.

Oh the PG Bandai MF... I dream of it... I also told myself, that when I had found my modeling MOJO again, I'd buy that thing, and endulge myself... But it's f*&#@% expensive.

One day tho.

I do have the Bandai B-wing and snowspeeder... And I my daughter has the tiny Death Star and stardestroyer plus the Bandai Darth Vader. And they are great kits... But why do I keep thinking I'd rather tackle the old MF kit, knowing full well it'd be a hell of a lot easier to just buy the PG one?!...

I'm an idiot

Same Falcon I have... I actually have a WIP on the Darth Vader one as we speak... Don't quit know how to link to it, but if your interested I'm sure you'll find it. I have the X wing as well, tho it has been living for 15 years without a box top, so I can't remember the box art anymore... Plus the plastic is miscolored... I'll still build it tho.

Oh the PG Bandai MF... I dream of it... I also told myself, that when I had found my modeling MOJO again, I'd buy that thing, and endulge myself... But it's f*&#@% expensive.

One day tho.

I do have the Bandai B-wing and snowspeeder... And I my daughter has the tiny Death Star and stardestroyer plus the Bandai Darth Vader. And they are great kits... But why do I keep thinking I'd rather tackle the old MF kit, knowing full well it'd be a hell of a lot easier to just buy the PG one?!...

I'm an idiot
I just got the tiny Bandai MF, X-wing, AT-AT, and Tie Fighter sets. 40% off at Hobby Lobby

I just got the tiny Bandai MF, X-wing, AT-AT, and Tie Fighter sets. 40% off at Hobby Lobby
Oh I wish I could get a hold on the tiny Bandai mf... But I doubt it.

I do have my Revell conversion tho... It kinda turned out OK... Still have to paint it tho.

BUMP...

Any progress on this thing?
Not much.
Had to sadly let work get in the way

I'll get some photos of some ideas I have for the engine light and get them up today if I can sneak away from work.
You'd think working from home I'd have set my office desk up next to my model desk so I could work on models while on Zoom meetings, but nope, didn't think of that did I.

:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back