AMT Bigfoot that's not a Bigfoot anymore

phoenix

I actually bought the Bigfoot as an unopened kit because I needed the instructions for the Snakebite kit which I got off ebay. I decided to build the Bigfoot using my husband's old truck as inspiration...hence the tiger stripes. The stripes are hand-painted on. I had to fill in the mufflers, as AMT left them hollow...Just used a small square of styrene.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The green RX7 was some foreign kit I got in a trade off Craigslist. Yes, it is a Japanese kit...and it only seemed fitting to keep it right-hand drive. I have been tempted to "crush" it so I can stage my monster trucks. But the green is soooo pretty I just can't do it.

Nice conversion finish! Gotta love Bigfoot, though. I remember the commercials for the monster truck rallies, "...Bigfoot, and the Monster Taurus, crushing busses!" ;D

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

Yeah...I'm scouting on ebay looking for lots with old models people half finished, or broke, so I can set up a couple trucks real nice. I would love to build a Max D, but I'm very much a novice when it comes to scratchbuilding larger pieces. I scratchbuilt the entire cockpit for my snakebite kit (not pictured yet), and even that was a stretch.

Latest posts

Back