AMT 1/25 White Freightshaker

Big-John

This is my entry into the 2014 Big Spring contest. I have decided to step out of my comfort zone and build something different. I normally build armor, but seeing as I work on these things for a living, I figured what the heck.
Startpic_zps12b6c860.jpg
Let’s see if I can get this together without doing a ton of extra detailing. The bad part is, I don’t need any reference materials, I have it all in my head, LOL

A little music to set the mood.

Smokey and the Bandit.The legend.Jerry Reed

Thanks for stopping in, now lets put the hammer down!

Working on these things for a living should definitely be an advantage. Nice way to step out of yer comfort zone. Keep on truckin' big daddy. ;D

Truck brings back memories, my father was a Mack man, coast to coast and border to border

Thanks fellas!

Quaralane said:
Truck brings back memories, my father was a Mack man, coast to coast and border to border

I was an owner operator for a while, at one time I knew every crack in the road between Cincinnati and Chicago. I got to missing my wife and kids at home, parked it in the driveway one weekend and never climbed back in the truck.

And so it begins.

The first step calls for the assembly of the engine so I started there. I also went ahead and glued some sub-assemblies together so I could fill and clean the seams up. The Differential housings won’t be too bad, but the fuel tanks are going to require some work.
I’m still working on the engine, I need to strip some chrome parts before I can finish it.

WF-1_zps805de5fb.jpg

I've been pretty sick over the weekend, and haven't sat at the bench in over 5 days. But I did manage to get some non military colors for this thing. ;D

sample-IMG_7423_zpsbcdeef86.jpg

Nice. Really looking forward to this build man. I have this in the stash and have opened the box more than thrice then put it away. Great wheels and tires in that kit.

Latest posts

Back