AMPS Nationals 2011

scratchmod

Just wondering who from the forum will be going to the AMPS Nat's next month. I'll be there on Fri and Sat. I'll be the one wearing the black "scratchmod" shirt. Would be cool to meet some of you guys from SMA.

Rob

Re: AMPS Nationals in Va.

I was planning to go this year but we are in the middle of a move to a new location at work. That quashed those plans.
I had a friend bring a couple of models last year and was lucky enough to come away with 2 golds.
From the photos I've seen it looks like a really nice show to attend, the show and from what I've heard the people.
Maybe next year.
Good luck at the show

I'm there Dude !! I'm in the Host chapter- AMPSCV. I'll be there Thursday afternoon - Saturday night.

Little known fact : I turn th BIG 4-0 on that Friday th 8th !!! All are invited to Shannon's Pub that evening ! Meet up & ... stuff !! Knock back a few Gold-N-Delicious ! It also coincides with the Annual AMPS Social !! So ... come on out Friday night !! Play th Face with a Name game .... ?

I won't be hard to spot. Various wardrobe changes from AMPS T's to th SMA T !! Oh ! ... I'll have th longest hair in th Building !!! ;D ;) :eek:
5370_1146305949309_1577341353_1580210_1536742_n-1.jpg

See ya there !!

Oh Boy !! Almost there. Inside 2 weeks !!! Is it just you & me Scratchmode ? I know fblanton will be there. We should catch up & get a group picture ?

So many vendors ! WoW ! There is going to be a Ton of Great Models there !! 2 days is almost not enough time to get it all in !! ;D ;D

Hey Erik, looks like I will not be going after all. Too many other important things that need to be done. Lifes priorities :(
scratchmod

Ah !! Well .... I think it was John Lennon that said -

" Life is what happens , while you're busy making other plans ". A disappointment for sure !! Well .... I'll catch ya' on th Flip Holmzz !!

At least Rob's model made it!

AMPS2011_062.jpg
Above and below is Rob Scratchmod Ferreira's T-69II with Celtic Werks T-55 engine compartment
AMPS2011_061.jpg

I have many more photos form the show but don't know where to post them.

Regards,

SHARK,

Cool Pix !! It was great to meet up with you & the Boys at the Show. Feel Free to post more Pix here on th tread !! Let's see th Armor !! Great Pix & Thanx for sharing !

Welcome to the HERD Sharkmouth !!

Welcome to SMA Shark.

I just created a dedicated board called Model Show Photos - as there are several opportunities throughout the year - many shows, etc... thought I'd make a dedicated spot to look at all the builds.

Simply start a thread with the name/date of the show and post em all in there.

AMPS2011_038.jpg

AMPS2011_055.jpg

AMPS2011_056.jpg
Olaf Kievit's Malaysian V-150

AMPS2011_039.jpg
This is not the Trumpeter kit, it is scratchbuilt and won the Best Soviet subject.

AMPS2011_040.jpg

AMPS2011_041.jpg
Italian gun

AMPS2011_042.jpg

AMPS2011_043.jpg

AMPS2011_044.jpg
Steve Zaloga's Shermans nearest the camera above and below
AMPS2011_045.jpg

The following three are from James Wechsler. He won the Verlinden Productions award for best use of a VP product (the engine)
AMPS2011_046.jpg

AMPS2011_047.jpg

AMPS2011_048.jpg

AMPS2011_049.jpg

AMPS2011_051.jpg

AMPS2011_053.jpg

AMPS2011_054.jpg

Even more coming!

http://Here are some of John Steinman's work:
[ATTACH=full]8851[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]8852[/ATTACH]
Above and below are the masterfully tamed MiniArt Su-76M
[ATTACH=full]8853[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]8854[/ATTACH]
This is the Tiger Model Designs T-6 Sherman at Aberdeen

[ATTACH=full]8855[/ATTACH]
Above and below is his Bronco Sd.Kfz.221 with Panzerbusche gun
[ATTACH=full]8856[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]8857[/ATTACH]
Above and below is his Minerva Rwandan Technical
[ATTACH=full]8858[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]8859[/ATTACH]
Above and below are John Charvat's T-55 Kabul with Celtic Werks T-55 engine compartment
[ATTACH=full]8860[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]8861[/ATTACH]
Above and below is Rob Scratchmod Ferreira's T-69II with Celtic Werks T-55 engine compartment
[ATTACH=full]8862[/ATTACH]

Regards,[/color]

AMPS2011_057.jpg
This won Best German subject.
AMPS2011_058.jpg

AMPS2011_059.jpg

AMPS2011_060.jpg
This is Rob Scratchmod Ferreira's T-69II with Celtic Werks T-55 engine compartment.

vAMPS2011_013-1.jpg
Chris of CRM Models

My favorite plastics pusher, Gene Bagnoli:
vAMPS2011_018.jpg

This is a momentous occasion thanks to your trouble-making photographer:
vAMPS2011_089.jpg
Iain Hamilton of AK Interactive USA, yours truly, Rick Lawler of Mig Productions USA, and Erik Roberson representing SMA!

vAMPS2011_087.jpg
Here the vendors are again!

vAMPS2011_095.jpg
I didn't expect to get this photograph in Fredericksburg, VA. I asked Rick to go put on his Mig Productions shirt.

vAMPS2011_093.jpg
Joe Hudson (in orange) of Verlinden Productionswanders in on Rick Lawler (nearest camera) of Mig Productions USA and Carlos of AK Interactive Spain. Coincidence? I think not!

vAMPS2011_092.jpg
Look who was sitting across Carlos and Rick Lawler. By the way, look closely at the product mix on the table.
;)

Jeff of TigerModels was there!
vAMPS2011_014-1.jpg

So was Woody of Archer Fine Transfers
vAMPS2011_077.jpg

While Ted was camera shy, he did let me hold the Commanders Series 1/16th scale Christie tank, BIG!
vAMPS2011_017.jpg

The rewards ceremony. My camera was dying and I was far away so pardon the images.
vAMPS2011_109.jpg
The sponsors. Two from Squadron, two from AK Interactive, and Two from Verlinden Productions

The rest of my photographs are of groups from other forums. You will see them posted in their respective areas.

Regards,

WoW !! Is right !! Thanx so Much for posting these pix SHARK !! My camera was having a moment & never wanted to focus ... Thanx SHARK !! Hey look ... You got a Shot of My 221 in Chinese service ;D

Classic picture of Rick Lawler & MIG ! I really Dig that picture of Gene Bagnoli ! I love that man ! The antithesis of What a Show vendor should be. !! Such a Cool Dude , and Who couldn't love that Brooklyn N.Y. accent !!

In a Flash !!, the Big AMPS show was over ... WoW , It seems like it was yesterday ... Thanx again SHARK !!!

Latest posts

Back