Aloha Y'all!

BigKahunaFL

Just a quick Aloha (hello) to everyone. I just joined this fine community and hope to contribute once I can get myself going again. I haven't done ANY modeling since the very early 1970's. Needless to say, a LOT has changed.

Welcome and yes things have changed. Newer kits are so much better than the kits of the 70's. What's your genre of models you prefer to build?

How do!

Just a quick Aloha (hello) to everyone. I just joined this fine community and hope to contribute once I can get myself going again. I haven't done ANY modeling since the very early 1970's. Needless to say, a LOT has changed.

Not really. They's still plastic.

Rob.

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Pantherman

Welcome and yes things have changed. Newer kits are so much better than the kits of the 70's. What's your genre of models you prefer to build?
As an average teenage boy of the times, I loved all things automotive and was particularly fascinated with custom hot rods, Detroit concepts, and George Barris stylized rods (think Munster Hearse and Monkee-Mobile). Now in my "waning" years, I'm more interested in historical military aircraft.

As an average teenage boy of the times, I loved all things automotive and was particularly fascinated with custom hot rods, Detroit concepts, and George Barris stylized rods (think Munster Hearse and Monkee-Mobile). Now in my "waning" years, I'm more interested in historical military aircraft.
Tamiya is a good place to find some decent kits. The more modern the manufacturer date usually means a better fit and less flash but the older kits are OK and generally cheaper.
Pantherman

Welcome back to the hobby, Big Kahuna, and aloha to the Herd!
I build military aircraft, too, among other things, but I wanted to let you know that most of those subjects you built back then, are probably still available. But whatever you build, I look forward to seeing them!
Best regards,
Brad

Welcome, from Houston.
Yes, some things have changed but, in a good way for our hobby.
Some things that have remained the same are the fun, the frustration, the swearing, the ever present Carpet Monster (I know him well) & the satisfaction of time put in.

I look forward to see your builds.
Gary

Latest posts

Back