ALL-OPEN Entry - Revell 1/72 P-47D-30 with a ton of after-market!

MakingModelsAgain

I won't have the opportunity to start and finish anything as a new build in time for this contest, so will have to make do with entering the All-Open category with this effort!

It's my 1st completed kit since returning to the hobby after a spell of nearly three decades. I used this primarily as a test bed to get to grips with how much the hobby has changed in the intervening years with the rise of after market add-ons! So in this poor little collection of injection-mouldings I shoe-horned in the following: Eduard's photo-etched cockpit, Pavla's vacform canopy, Extratech's photo-etched exterior detail set, Quickboost's R2800 radial engine as well as their Gun Barrels and lastly, the Aires Gun Bay set which caused me the most trouble - what with it being designed for Academy's p-47! The bullet belts are scratch built. Anyway, it was all a fun(?) learning process. The bare metal finish is Mr MetalColor Aluminium applied by brush, using a circular motion that applies and polishes in one! Time consuming, but highly effective.

Side1.jpg
CU.jpg
Top.jpg
CUGuns.jpg
Front.jpg

Looks a LOT bigger than 1/72. Amazing work.
Looking at the pics, I figured it at at least 1/48

WOW..................Thats awesome!!!, i so wanna dig out my 1/24th P51D ;D

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back