Alittle Help, Here...

ssgteverett

I am going to 'defer here', to my follow members [many of you, whom are far more expert-ern, within our Community then I], on recommendations, and/Or experience for a easy-use-set-up-no-frills, paint booth[with exterior exhaust/fume dumping].... Which truly works as intended.

Mine - built some 35+ yrs ago, out of a 'Tupperware' tub, bathroom fan and parts, finally crapped-out and I have been reviewing some of these 'newer' models off Amazon and other locals. I like the portability of these newer designs and my 'older' one was a table/bench hog and a pain to set-up and somewhat loud.
AND since 'The Boss' has regulated me to the garage space, for painting and Acrylic paint ONLY use, these days [yup, old age and health issues, due eventual catch up with 'us']; I am asking my fellow modeler's for your help, for my next investment for a replacement model painting booth - And no 'commercial grade' is needed or required.
[Most stuff is I build is 1/48th to 1/20th and under 24" in width/height]

Your thoughts - Experience - Opinions, would be greatly appreciated on this matter, regarding these newer/new styled painting stations.

Many thanks -

Ed

Marktastrophe

This is the exact booth I have, I feel like all of these booths have pretty much doubled in price the last two years.
Amazon generic booth
I took a piece of foam bord that I cut a small oval into to use as a way to wedge it into the window and prevent backfeed.
It works pretty well, but is a bit n the flimsy side if you bump the booth walls. I also just got a sheet of "Cut your own filter" from the local hardware store that I've been using as a filter for these, I do still wear a CN-95 mask when using solvent based paint.

Irishvic

I am going to 'defer here', to my follow members [many of you, whom are far more expert-ern, within our Community then I], on recommendations, and/Or experience for a easy-use-set-up-no-frills, paint booth[with exterior exhaust/fume dumping].... Which truly works as intended.

Mine - built some 35+ yrs ago, out of a 'Tupperware' tub, bathroom fan and parts, finally crapped-out and I have been reviewing some of these 'newer' models off Amazon and other locals. I like the portability of these newer designs and my 'older' one was a table/bench hog and a pain to set-up and somewhat loud.
AND since 'The Boss' has regulated me to the garage space, for painting and Acrylic paint ONLY use, these days [yup, old age and health issues, due eventual catch up with 'us']; I am asking my fellow modeler's for your help, for my next investment for a replacement model painting booth - And no 'commercial grade' is needed or required.
[Most stuff is I build is 1/48th to 1/20th and under 24" in width/height]

Your thoughts - Experience - Opinions, would be greatly appreciated on this matter, regarding these newer/new styled painting stations.

Many thanks -

Ed
Hi, I'm trying to build my own for no cost hopefully. Would like to see a photo of your original booth if you have one. Had alot of great info from the members here so I am sure they have some brilliant recommendations for you.
Irishvic

ssgteverett

This is the exact booth I have, I feel like all of these booths have pretty much doubled in price the last two years.
Amazon generic booth
I took a piece of foam bord that I cut a small oval into to use as a way to wedge it into the window and prevent backfeed.
It works pretty well, but is a bit n the flimsy side if you bump the booth walls. I also just got a sheet of "Cut your own filter" from the local hardware store that I've been using as a filter for these, I do still wear a CN-95 mask when using solvent based paint.
Thanks - This one and afew others have been the ones, I am seriously considering. I've used an 'old' school Wilson/Norton 500 2-stage for years - Love the way it performs and it doesn't impede my glasses, either.
Amazon generic booth
Hi, I'm trying to build my own for no cost hopefully. Would like to see a photo of your original booth if you have one. Had alot of great info from the members here so I am sure they have some brilliant recommendations for you.
Irishvic
Sorry - Don't have any photos. As I recall, it was around $35-$40, by the time I added in everything [bathrm exhaust fan-filters-12' or so of dryer venting hose-HVAC metal taping-scrap wood-other odds n ends]; which I figured wasn't to bad and I got years of work out of it... Shot everything from rattle can, to automotive lacquers and it did pretty darn good... But, it was always such a 'space-hog' and wasn't very portable nor storable, when I wasn't using it.

Irishvic

Thanks - This one and afew others have been the ones, I am seriously considering. I've used an 'old' school Wilson/Norton 500 2-stage for years - Love the way it performs and it doesn't impede my glasses, either.

Sorry - Don't have any photos. As I recall, it was around $35-$40, by the time I added in everything [bathrm exhaust fan-filters-12' or so of dryer venting hose-HVAC metal taping-scrap wood-other odds n ends]; which I figured wasn't to bad and I got years of work out of it... Shot everything from rattle can, to automotive lacquers and it did pretty darn good... But, it was always such a 'space-hog' and wasn't very portable nor storable, when I wasn't using it.
I hope to have mine done in the next few weeks so will post some photos.
Irishvic

Marktastrophe

The generic Amazon one will work for rattle cans... but it's a little unwieldy and you will burn through filters.

Latest posts