Alien Nostromo

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. Alien is one of my all time favourite movies.

Carsenault

Reaction score
Im surprised there havent been more mainstream kits of the various craft from the movies available, I know htere was resin, but not everyone can afford to by a full resin kit. Well ther is hope now that the Alien prequel has been announced.

JMac

Reaction score
A prequel, really?

Jelly

Rob. G.
Reaction score
:) Hey AKE, I think that the spaceship in your link is not the Nostromo: it´s the shuttle that the crew of the Nostromo uses to get from orbit to land in the planets/Earth.

I remember that the Nostromo was very vaguely seen in the movie... a kind enormous spaceship (they say a data about its "loading capacity" an it was really laaaarge) with a vague castle-shape look.

Here are a few pics of the WEYLAND-YUTANI CO: USCSS NOSTROMO - 180286:

And in this photo you can see the shuttle locked to a kind of telescopic-arm from the Nostromo...

Cheers, guys .... :D

JMac

Reaction score
Jelly said:
:) Hey AKE, I think that the spaceship in your link is not the Nostromo: it´s the shuttle that the crew of the Nostromo uses to get from orbit to land in the planets/Earth.

I remember that the Nostromo was very vaguely seen in the movie... a kind enormous spaceship (they say a data about its "loading capacity" an it was really laaaarge) with a vague castle-shape look.

Here are a few pics of the WEYLAND-YUTANI CO: USCSS NOSTROMO - 180286:

And in this photo you can see the shuttle locked to a kind of telescopic-arm from the Nostromo...

Cheers, guys .... :D
As I understand it, the Nostromo is the tug (shown in your image #3) - and the castle looking stuff is what it is towing (a refinery if I remember correctly).

Jelly

Rob. G.
Reaction score
Hey JMac... you´re absolutely right !!! yes! :eek:

I´ve been living in a mistake since 1.979 !!! :p ;D

I always believed that the "castle" was the Nostromo ship, and that the (now for me) true Nostromo was a kind of shuttle/raft... ufff I´ve been wrong for 32 years!!! ;D

JMac

Reaction score
Cool. Just being a "nerdy" me.

Latest posts