Albatros DII (Encore Models 1:32)

Good start, looks great! It's nice to see ww1 bird for a change...

Cheers!

Very nice Jason!! Love the engine and that office work!!! WOW, you are killing me!! LOL!!! I have an Encore Tri-plane in the stash that has been staring at me...now its calling my name!! :eek:

Keep it coming!!

Lovin this one Jason ;D Beautiful work my man ..Beautiful !!

Chris.

Thanks a ton FlipFlop, Grendels, TRM, Chris and Peppylepugh. You guys are really movavating. :)

I'm still painting the inside, should start weathering soon. I started the PE for the spandau machine guns.

Outside of that i've hit an "I'm looking for assistance" moment...

The thing that I'm currently debating (and is kind of holding me up) is the interior control cables. I'd like to include a basic sratch built pulley and cable system. The Roden/Encore kits is missing these details. I have a few references of the exterior, but very little if not nil images of the lower cockpit area. Mark Millar has some fantastic images/ renderings of a Abatros DV at WW1-org. The problem is DV had a different cable system, and Marks' images are so detailed, the area I'm interested in is often obscured with other stuff. I've done google image searches...WnW kit is a DV also...

Do you guys have or know of any good images / references for the lower cockpit area?

Jason

Thanks Norm, :D

I don't think I'll get much done the next couple weeks, my wife is out of town, so I'm trying to finish a small renovation to our bed room as a surprise. then after that we are heading off to NB for our family holiday.

That should give me some time to figure out what exactly I want to do about those control cables...

Jason

Is it done yet ?? ...What about the Bedroom renovation ?? ....Whats the story ?? ;D ;D

Chris.

Beautiful work on the Albatros. This is my favorite WW1 aircraft, even more than the
Fokker Tri-plane. The interior detailing is superb. Just fantastic. Bill

Chris S said:
Is it done yet ?? ...What about the Bedroom renovation ?? ....Whats the story ?? ;D ;D

Chris.

Sadly, it's totally stalled. Lots of regular life stuff got in the way.

The reno was going well, but I did not finish it before we left for our annual family trip. I hope to wrap it up this week.
We flew out to Canada's maritime provinces for a couple weeks, and came back to a sick family dog who needs a vet visit today. The trip was great. Plus while my wife is working, I've been trying to get my sons ready for a new school year. Things should calm down here in the next couple weeks...

As a side note, I did decide what I was going to do about the cockpit details and control cables. I found some (incomplete) drawings online of the pulley arrangement. I plan to scratch in some details to busy things up a little. But my tests for cutting small diameter discs out of sheet and rod did not go well. I plan to pick up a punch set as soon as my modelling budget recovers from the cost of our holiday (my son likes Atlantic lobster a little too much ;D).

PANZERMAN said:
Beautiful work on the Albatros. This is my favorite WW1 aircraft, even more than the
Fokker Tri-plane. The interior detailing is superb. Just fantastic. Bill

Thanks a bunch Bill. The albatros is also one of my favorites also. This is my first attempt at 1:32 scale, some I'm trying to pay a little more attention to the interior than I normally would.

Until next time.
Jason

For the first time in over a month, I sat down and had some time to work on the DII. Not big progress, but progress. I drilled out some ports for the control cables and placed some PE on the tail. Little PE and my morning coffee rituals don't seem to play nice together - took me 45 minutes to place 6 pieces. :p oh well. Did some work on the spandau's also.

Onward and upward..

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

WOW J, those look fantastic!! Not how long it takes btw, it the quality!!! It's there too!! ;)

Nice to see you back at it Jason ,just keep the drip feed coming ,doesn't matter how small ...we need the fix ;D ;D ;D

Chris.

Thanks guys. For sure T, I'm not going to rush this - I'm really happy with the way it's going.

I'm still looking for a punch set. My LHS had one but now it's gone, and when I asked them to order me one all I got was a blank stare from the kid working there. I don't want to order from MicroMark...

Until I figure out the pulley solution completely, I'll continue with fiddly bits. :)

Latest posts

Back