Akula II " Pantera"

Now there are 3 subs in the competition. ;D
Good luck TBadger.

Jim

I'm not TOTALLY familiar with the Russian side. It'd be an unfair advantage if I were to do my USS Maryland :)

Have around one hour put into it and the hull is all together. Waiting for the putty to stiffen up before I sand it all down and set the upper doors in place and mask off my water line. I plan on being at paint by this evening

These photos span 2 hours of work

image_zpscf9630fb.jpg
image_zpscafb7e79.jpg
image_zps6cf0bb77.jpg
image_zpse1055e53.jpg
image_zps454438d1.jpg
image_zps9615ffba.jpg

Just gotta put up the doors and mount the scopes. Should be painted by tomorrow night and then....on to weathering!

Doors installed....getting primed and sanded this evening. Wife's outta town so I have nothing else to do but slave away on this. If I dont get interupted too much I should have all of the painting finished by tomorrow and the weathering will be an ongoing ordeal.

photo_zpsba83e2b7.jpg

Taking suggestions on a follow up build since this one was so short.

Didn't wanna rip off the fresh hull red so I'm waiting til after breakfast to tape off from the waterline down and lay down some flat black....paint the masts and then an all over coat of future, decals, DULLCOTE.

Awesome stuff there Badge!! She is a real beauty!! Moving right along too!! :eek:

I dunno, feels like I'm moving kind of slow....... *queues up a montage to the timeless Todd Rundgren classic, "Bang the Drum All Day" *

photo_zps5fc97788.jpg
image_zps86d88f0a.jpg
image_zps166aeb6e.jpg
image_zps7d57de85.jpg
image_zps6826d623.jpg
image_zps7ab4444e.jpg
image_zpsecdbe415.jpg
image_zpsc2917cd8.jpg

Just gotta Future over the decals, dry, DullCote and then weathering SLOOOOOWWWWLY. It'll be my first time weathering a Water Vessel. Once thats all done and the pictures are taken I'm encasing it up to the waterline in Crystal Resin to simulate an at-sea scene.

photo_zps66c8c02a.jpg
Mounted the clear rods for the display

photo_zpsae998431.jpg
The DullCote definitely made the colors smooth out and pop

photo_zps452ae1b7.jpg
Starting the weathering tomoro....any tips ?? ???

Did some Salt streaking to simulate oxidation...adding light and dark grime and slime to the waterline and some rust in tiny spots. Perhaps some brown streaks for the red portion of the hull

photo_zpsa0a24a20.jpg
image_zps3ac539ee.jpg
image_zps6449ec29.jpg

Latest posts

Back