AK Interactive stuff

S

ScaleModelMadman

Here's a link to a bunch of AK Items for sale cheaper than the going prices, some items are limtied so get em while they last.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/armorfarm/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Yes, this is really only a super deal to those in the US.

A small box with say five of those items is going to cost around $24.00 postage. Even shipping to Canada may raise the prices to what one could find locally.

"Technically" since USPS no longer has surface shipping, even shipping them to Canada is a no no, as most are an enamel product and aren't allowed to go by air.

That being said, that doesn't mean they won't make it through the postal system, but you take your chances in the process.

Who told you USPS no longer has ground shipping? We still have several options for such, parcel post, first class, standard, media... all slow surface shipped.

Also, I can ship enamels via Priority International (air) if I want to, I just need to jump through the correct hoops and deal with the red tape.

343.27 DOT Special Permit Authorization (SP 9275)

Manufacturers and distributors seeking to use the mail to ship parcels via air transportation in accordance with DOT Special Permit 9275 (DOT-SP 9275) must submit a written request for approval to the manager of Mailing Standards (see 608.8.0 for address). Approval to mail parcels using DOT-SP 9275 allows the mailer to use Priority Mail, First-Class Mail, First-Class Package Service, or Parcel Select service for shipping in compliance with all DOT regulations in DOT-SP 9275 and the following mailing requirements:

The mailer must pre-blah blah blah lots of text blah blah blah-each parcel.

343.3 Marking and Documentation

Parcels containing mailable flammable or combustible liquids must be marked as follows:

For air transportation, parcels containing mailable Class 3 materials must bear the DOT square-on-point marking. The top an-blah blah blah lots of text blah blah blah-

Flammable liquids mailed under DOT-SP 9275 must be marked as specified in 343.27.

You might want to double check the USPS modes of shipping.

They might be good for within the US, but there is no more ground shipping for international destinations, haven't been for a few years. And from what I have been told, they almost never approve the special permit authorization, so it isn't worth the hassle to fill it out.

This is why you see the places like Squadron, Sprue Bros. ect, ect, the only way they can ship flammable paint via international is to use Fed Ex or UPS, as USPS won't take them.

No, I don't need to double check them Scott, I am well aware of their services and what they entail. Those services are US only but you said they did away with surface shipping, which they haven't.

It sounds to me like you are talking about the changes made to international shipping, which is something completely different and happened in January of 2013, not a few years ago but even prior to that whenever I shipped to Australia, England, France or anywhere else 'overseas' I never used surface shipping, it was all done First Class International, or Priority International. Both of those services no longer allow shipping of paint without a special permit.

As for the DOT special permit, my experience so far in applying has been positive. I will wait and see if they approve it but so far, I have had no reason to think they wont.

Also, I have no idea how Squadron or Sprue Bros ship internationally, since if I were to order from them, it would come domestically. ;)

Squadron, Sprue, etc, etc, ship by many means, but none of them will ship paint and such via air anywhere, maybe it is just too much of a hassle for them to get special exemption of every parcel to be bothered with it, not sure.

I do know that Scale Finishes paint severely curtailed his international sales when those rules came into play, as he couldn't ship his paint. As a result I do the international shipping for him as CP still has surface shipping (for now), but maybe it is a case of him not knowing, too costly, or couldn't be bothered, but because of all of that, I was under the impression that it just couldn't be done anymore.

Makes no difference to me as I have a US address that anything originating in the US comes from, goes to, so no biggie to me. The difference in the cost of shipping of one order from Squadron, Stevens, etc, more than pays for the rental on the box, nevermind the asinine brokerage fees that Fed Ex and UPS charge.

Did you hear the one about the unstamped letter?
You wouldn't get it.

Latest posts

Back