Airfix Sea King

cobraleader

G'Day All,

Well, finally got around to building something for the group build.

This is a conversion of the reboxed Airfix Westland Sea King AEW.Mk2/ASaC.Mk7 into a Mk.50 Royal Australian Navy.
I'll be scratchbuilding an interior, re-scribing panel lines and rivets and using Hawkeye Model Decals.

Enjoy.

Airfix 1/72 Sea King Mk50 Royal Australian Navy Part 1

Thanks

cheers
Cobraleader

That kit looks sweet, especially all you are doing to it. How's the progress coming?
I'm curious to see as I've never seen this kit!
Good luck man!

G'Day Myke,

I've slowed down on it. Its currently buried under alot of stuff on the model desk.
Now that I'm on holidays for a few weeks, I plan to get back into it.......

This is an old re-boxed Airfix kit.

Thanks

cheers
Cobraleader

Looking forward to follow you on this..... I don't have a Sea King in my collection ....yet! I better hurry before we retire them....

A bit of work but I think it will look sharp when it is all said and done.

Thanks fumblethumbs. You will see some of the inside as I'm opening the side door behind the cockpit and the main cargo do will be open as well. Up front there is alot of clear transparency, so you'll see most of the cockpit detail as well.

its a pity i didn't have the full references available when I built the interior. All that frame work is now covered :'( - all that work and its now all hidden.

Bummer you had to cover up all that good work. At least you have video evidence of its existence. ;D

Keep up the good work

That's pretty some very fine work on the inside. If you leave the side door open you'll be able to view all that hard work.

Latest posts

Back