Airfix P-40B Warhawk 1/48

GreenTerrorz

Based this build on the P-40 currently on display at the USAF museum located in Ohio, United States.

I had built this plane when I was a kid, so there was a bit of nostalgia when choosing to go with it as my first USAAF build since returning to the hobby this past year.

The engine was designed to fit in the Hasegawa P-40, which required a bit of ingenuity to make work.

Overall I had a great experience with the build, and would recommend it to others.

mQk5w18.jpeg

3sZctym.jpg
D6GqwlS.jpg
gyz6y3ifd9c81.jpg

Looks really fantastic, the weathering is just right. The only thing I noticed, and I'll bet very few people notice it, is that if one aileron is hanging down a bit then the other one has to be up just a bit. Only a hard core airplane "nut" will pick this detail up! Beautiful model!

Looks really fantastic, the weathering is just right. The only thing I noticed, and I'll bet very few people notice it, is that if one aileron is hanging down a bit then the other one has to be up just a bit. Only a hard core airplane "nut" will pick this detail up! Beautiful model!
Thanks for the feedback! I actually have had someone else mention the ailerons haha. The ailerons look to be angled down because I had to do heavy sanding to install the landing flaps. Cheers!

Based this build on the P-40 currently on display at the USAF museum located in Ohio, United States.

I had built this plane when I was a kid, so there was a bit of nostalgia when choosing to go with it as my first USAAF build since returning to the hobby this past year.

The engine was designed to fit in the Hasegawa P-40, which required a bit of ingenuity to make work.

Overall I had a great experience with the build, and would recommend it to others.

mQk5w18.jpeg

View attachment 95954
View attachment 95955
View attachment 95956
this is really, really nice. I have the airfix 1/48 P-40 on the shelf, and I bought some decals to make it an early war scheme. Your build is really inspiring.

Latest posts

Back