Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Vb RAAF 452 SQN

cobraleader

G'Day All,

Another RAAF themed build.
An old Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Vb.
Painted the cockpit with a black base, White Marbling and Gunze H56 Interior Green.

Used thin plastic strips to fill the gaps in the wing/fuselage joins.

TNA0Nl4.jpg

JHH9jFg.jpg

JEEJVt0.jpg

75WzIuA.jpg

G'Day All,

Slowed up a bit with production.

Finally put down some paint. Paint Scheme is British European Ocean Grey/Dark Green over Medium Sea Grey. Ended up using Gunze H335 Ocean Grey, H309 Dark Green and H306 Medium Sea Grey.
Painted the undersides and free hand painted the camou scheme on top

Spinner and fuselage band are painted Gunze H31 White Green.

LKPG4cy.jpg

Started sealing the finished paint work with Humbrol Gloss varnish, however it started reacting the the underlying paint (same problem when using Humbrol Satin and Matte varnish as well). Ended up with cracks over the wings. I don't know what i'm doing wrong - this has happened on several other models and even over Humbrol Enamels. Instead of stripping and redoing the paint, I decided to go back to the good ol' trusted Gunze and Tamiya clear coats. I found that it covered the cracks, had to do some minor paint touch ups due to the cracking going through to the primer coat.

Decals are DKDecals. These are beautifully printed decals. They laid down nicely and had no problems with being coated with Mr Mark Softner.

Urm9dNR.jpg
rwEk7HO.jpg

G'Day All,

This one has slowed up a bit.

Applied a Payne's Grey wash and then oil dot filter of white, buff and blue. I think too much blue and Payne's grey has been applied. Seems to have darkened too much compared to earlier pics.

Applied Humbrol 56 with a sponge for replicating chipping.

Starship Filth Oil brusher was applied to the undersides to create some oil stains and streaking.

4Qbc79S.jpg

Ca6aanr.jpg

JjxKvS8.jpg

G'Day All,

Aussie Spitfire is done.

Tried to hold back on the weathering with this one.
The raised panel lines were very soft and had a hard time trying to chip the edges of the gun ammo panels.
Originally, I masked the front canopy completely. Had to hand paint the armoured front glass.

I think I should have scribed the panel lines, looks a bit bland without the panel lines.

KRi07QJ.jpg

9HX9KOa.jpg

f8fW1W8.jpg

Q7ARIxb.jpg

Uo3Dip4.jpg

6eNCifR.jpg

DW2Tb0a.jpg

Latest posts

Back