Airfix 1/24 Typhoon In Box Review

Elm City Hobbies

Nice in box review of the new Airfix 1/24 Typhoon by Phil Flory at Flory Models.

Key phrase of the day.....Stressed Skin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw2oh4C4X_A

Nope, was the freeby on his YT page.

Probably the best un-biased in box review you will get, and I am sure Phil has no problem with it being spread around.

Since not everyone sees his stuff (I only get the free stuff), I figured I would spread the news. Kit isn't out in NA yet, (as it just literally came out Friday in the UK), probably be at least a month if not more before it hits here.

Looks like a great kit, no idea on price, but if I had to guess, likely in the $175-$200 range, but too big for me, have one 1/24 aircraft kit already which has sat in the box for years (Trumpeter Spitfire Mk.Vb). Looks pretty, but where the heck do you put it once built!!

Not sure on specific exchange rates but airfix are asking just under a hundred pound.
I know a few people waiting on theirs and Amazon seemed to the cheapest but they don't have access to any more stock till the next run which is supposed to be August.

I got a chance to watch the full video last night, looks like Airfix has uped their game. That being said, I don't find the Hawker to be that attractive of an aircraft so this one won't be hitting my stash...

WebbyNZ said:
Not sure on specific exchange rates but airfix are asking just under a hundred pound.
I know a few people waiting on theirs and Amazon seemed to the cheapest but they don't have access to any more stock till the next run which is supposed to be August.

Considering it just became available direct from Airfix this past Friday, I doubt anyone else has even gotten it yet. Maybe other distributors around the UK and western Europe, but unless some distributors spent the extra cash to have them flown in to beat others to the punch, I doubt they are available anywhere.

Even Hornby/Airfix USA doesn't have them yet, and I would think they would get them pretty quick if they wanted to get them out for sale.

Just had a look at one of my suppliers, and as long as the price stays true, looks like my retail is going to be $159.75CDN, which for a 1/24 aircraft, is a steal, considering if Tamiya put one of these out in the smaller 1/32 scale, it would probably be at least double that price.

Workmates Amazon order has been distributed from France and would be with him mid next week.
Fingers crossed he does not have one of the dodgy canopies that are being reported, at least Airfix are quick to reply and enquiries and send out replacements from all reports.

Latest posts

Back