Airbrush Recommendations!

Mr.FT

Hi, I'm just getting back into modeling after @ a 30 year break. I'm looking to buy an airbrush and compressor. I'm working on a 71 Hemi cuda right now and am not happy with the spray can finish. I'm looking at this one Amazon product ASIN B002KSWTYU . I wanted to know if anyone has tried this one of another one in this price range. I'm mainly building muscle cars. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Hi, I'm just getting back into modeling after @ a 30 year break. I'm looking to buy an airbrush and compressor. I'm working on a 71 Hemi cuda right now and am not happy with the spray can finish. I'm looking at this one Amazon product ASIN B002KSWTYU . I wanted to know if anyone has tried this one of another one in this price range. I'm mainly building muscle cars. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom
I bought this compressor in October last year and a £23 timbertech airbrush and am very happy with them.
I didn't want to spend too much until I can spray a bit better. I mainly do German armor and I have had no issues so far.
I found the main thing is to make sure you keep the kit clean
Pantherman

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230128_062954_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20230128_062954_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for asking. Truthfully I have been in a bit of a deep rut. Truthfully I am a bit exhausted as acting as nurse, carer chiropodist, personal shopper, housemaid and chief cook and bottle washer has not always relax and think of my own mindfulness. I am hoping that I will be more thoughtful of my own needs shortly, rather than continually expecting things to go wrong.
The Chemo that she had was brutal and had so many other effects than you expect, for example losing all her toenails over many weeks and layers of skin, just sloughing off and blisters, well.

As she is now healing from the surgery, there is now weeks of Mon/Fri 68 mile round trips to Cambridge for Radiotherapy and the serious side effects that can result.

So time will tell but I need to think of my own health, sleep properly and get back to some hobbies. I don't know how many hours I have sat at my bench and a few hours later done nothing.

Be well,

John

Thanks for asking. Truthfully I have been in a bit of a deep rut. Truthfully I am a bit exhausted as acting as nurse, carer chiropodist, personal shopper, housemaid and chief cook and bottle washer has not always relax and think of my own mindfulness. I am hoping that I will be more thoughtful of my own needs shortly, rather than continually expecting things to go wrong.
The Chemo that she had was brutal and had so many other effects than you expect, for example losing all her toenails over many weeks and layers of skin, just sloughing off and blisters, well.

As she is now healing from the surgery, there is now weeks of Mon/Fri 68 mile round trips to Cambridge for Radiotherapy and the serious side effects that can result.

So time will tell but I need to think of my own health, sleep properly and get back to some hobbies. I don't know how many hours I have sat at my bench and a few hours later done nothing.

Be well,

John
Always here my friend if you need to vent, laugh, cry or just take the p##s out of my attempts to become an almost good modeler.

Take care of yourself and keep up the good work. Untie the pinny a little.
I have a little side project I'm building for you that may cause a smile, or at least a smerk!!

Pantherman

Thanks
Tom
I have an Air Compressor very similar to this one. I could not find the exact one I own, I bought it maybe a year ago and it works pretty well. I have mixed feelings about the tank, but mostly like it.
Amazon product ASIN B07N64M2HMand I have a Paasche raptor. Iwata is king these days, but I actually think this works great. It has three different tip sizes, and made in the usa. I bought it from my local hobby shop.

Amazon product ASIN B07FDFHXGX
I got each of these for less than $100 (a piece, not together) so you might need to look around a bit.

Be well,

John
Like Pantherman said. We are always here for you.

The air compressor is where you can go cheap. Buy anything that can pressurize air into a tank up to at least 35psi and you are fine. Where air quality comes into play is you need a regulator and a water trap.

As for airbrushes. I LOVE the Iwata Eclipse. Yes, there are cheaper airbrushes that will do the job. But what I love so much about the Eclipse is it has a large conical floating needle seat. The seat is the part you have to take out of the front of the airbrush and clean out. And nearly all airbrushes have this puny little seat that requires a tool to remove. The floating seat on the Eclipse is large enough to easily handle, easier to clean out, and is removed and installed with no tools.

Latest posts

Back