Airbrush problems...

FlipFlop

I like my planes like my women - dirty!
I need your help guys, i have an airbrush problem. I have paint bubbling in a cup and the airbrush won't spray. When i pull the needle back without air the paint comes (drips) out normally which means the nozzle is not clogged... I tried with different paints, water and white spirit - same thing. The airbrush is clean, i have tried tightening everything, the needle looks straight. What can it be?

Airbrush is Chinese copy of some high end Iwata i think and it has served me very well for last year or two.

My other question:
I was thinking of replacing my airbrush because there is a possibility that repair will be more expensive then the money for new same airbrush (25e) - is a real Iwata worth the money? I was looking at the Eclipse HP-CS for ~150e? There is no Badger or Paasche where i live...

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!

Bubbles in the cup means that either the nozzle is not true, or the airway at the tip is blocked. Check the regulator (the part the paint tip protrudes through).

While there are tons of people happy with their knock-off airbrushes, the fact is that it is very much a hit and miss in that the tolerances just are not there. In other words parts may or may not be a perfect fit, a problem which is compounded when you replace a part.

I checked the price of Iwata Revolution HP BR yesterday and it's 120e which is too much money for me at the moment and i was shooting for Eclipse series which my LHS doesn't have right now... I'll probably go with repairing mine (nozzle, needle and o-rings), or replacing it with the same...

Thanks for your help sunsanvil!
Cheers!

Unfortunately I have problems paying stuff online so i have to buy stuff in person... I will think of something, maybe i will travel somewhere soon (another excuse to hit the road :MrBurns-excellent: ).

Your links help anyway because i can see what prices to expect. Thanks for your help!
Cheers!

I need your help guys, i have an airbrush problem. I have paint bubbling in a cup and the airbrush won't spray. When i pull the needle back without air the paint comes (drips) out normally which means the nozzle is not clogged... I tried with different paints, water and white spirit - same thing. The airbrush is clean, i have tried tightening everything, the needle looks straight. What can it be?

Airbrush is Chinese copy of some high end Iwata i think and it has served me very well for last year or two.

My other question:
I was thinking of replacing my airbrush because there is a possibility that repair will be more expensive then the money for new same airbrush (25e) - is a real Iwata worth the money? I was looking at the Eclipse HP-CS for ~150e? There is no Badger or Paasche where i live...

Thanks in advance.
Cheers!
Apply beewax or vaseline on nozzle guard threads, make sure it's not loose and examine your nozzle and make sure that there's no crack. That's a common problem. Below video may help you;

Latest posts

Back