Air P-47D \-JR

ContestAdmin

Category: Air

Name of Build: P-47D "The Bug"

Kit manufacturer: Revell

Scale: 1/48

Description
I am a junior, I am only 14 years old. In this build I had no help whatsoever from my dad, and this was only the 11th model I have ever built. Overall, I believe the build turned out well most of the detail is hidden in the cockpit and engine. In the photos you can see I made scratch-built seatbelts out of tamiya masking tape and solder wire. For the engine I painted it as the instructions said however I added copper wire to give it some realism. The kit went together very well using little filler. I then painted the bottom Tamiya sky(acrylic) and the top Tamiya Olive Drab(also acrylic). These colors covered very well only requiring one coat of paint. The decals were probably the best part of the kit, they went down extremley well for kit decals and used only a small amount of the decal setting solution(Micro Sol) which helped the decals conform to the panel lines. I used Future floor finish as the gloss finish(before and after the decals) and soon hit the plane with a flat coat. Before I knew it the build was over I know the experience has been awesome! I have also learned a lot just from looking at other peoples amazing builds, Everyone keep up the good work and GOOD LUCK!

Final Images

DSC02476_zpsfb06b3ae.jpg

DSC02463_zps35086296.jpg

DSC02462_zpscbc5a8c4.jpg

DSC02457_zpsa296e37d.jpg

DSC02450_zps76dae625.jpg

DSC02449_zps007fa221.jpg

Latest posts

Back