Air MiG-29A Fulcrum

ContestAdmin

Category: Air

Name of Build: MiG-29A Fulcrum

Kit manufacturer: Airfix

Scale: 1/72

Description
When this new boxing of the old Airfix tooling came out I got a bit excited, despite knowing that it would take a bit of work to get it up to snuff. Before any of the main assembly happened, I went at this bird with rivet and scribing tools. The whole of the kit was riveted but the only areas that needed scribing were the reinforcement strips on the upper fuselage. Virtually no after market components were used, save for a Dreammodel pitot tube, static discharge vanes on the wingtips and a couple of extra detailing bits in the cockpit. After the priming and pre-shading I did a free hand camouflage scheme with appropriate masking in different areas (wing tips, nose, nozzles, etc). The decals that came with the kit were quite extensive, giving options for both Polish and Czechoslovakian service, and I chose the latter. There’s a full compliment of stencil data and it really makes a difference. Overall I’m quite happy with the work put into this buildup, regardless of the challenges typically associated with the later Airfix kits.

Final Images

mig-29a_1.jpg

mig-29a_2.jpg

mig-29a_3.jpg

mig-29a_4.jpg

mig-29a_composite1.jpg

mig-29a_composite2.jpg

Latest posts

Back