'After the Battle'

wowee, Cs, I knew you were a very good figure painter, but this is just amazing...especially that cover on the Shako is just sublime!!! :eek:

Cheers

Thanks Lukasz ,and Wouter ....very kind :)

Not much to look at ,But I've made a start on this guys coat ,its all greys and the oils are still damp so it doesnt look like much ,I'll do another sitting at it tomorrow :)

DSCF2159.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks John ,still lots to do on the grey . One of those awkward colours :mad:

Chris.

I'm just wondering where you are going with it as it’s more and more interesting :)

Still Stunning :eek:

Can i ask, what brand of oils you are using for this Chris?

I've got a figure to paint soon and i've only got Tamiya Acrylics
so any insight into your materials and methods would be a great help buddy?

Gag

Thanks again guys ,and sorry for the late reply ...I defo have too many pokers in the fire ...lol

Gag ,I wouldnt usee Tamiya paints to brush with ,they can go very pasty as they dry very fast . For basecoats I use MC Vallejo Acrylics ,and the oils are Winsor Newton and MIG .

Got a bit more time on the French dude :)

Once the grey Greatcoat was dry I done a second sitting at it ,mostly going over highlights and shadows ,but I added a tiny tint of Brown to the mix just to kill the Blue/grey look . I'll be adding some weathering effects to it towards the end of the build .
The Crossbelts & the flag around his waist are blocked in ready for a slap with some oils :)

DSCF2183.jpg

DSCF2182.jpg

The head is only set in place for the pics to show the coat up better .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks John ;D The red is only basecoat ,havent started with the oils on that yet ;)

Chris.

This guy looks like he is ready to get up out of the photo. Tell the truth here. This is not a bust but an actor you hired to take a few photos with. Your just messing with us! ;)

Grendels said:
This guy looks like he is ready to get up out of the photo. Tell the truth here. This is not a bust but an actor you hired to take a few photos with. Your just messing with us! ;)
I agree. ;D

Latest posts

Back