Afrika Tiger

Love how you make the hatch workable ( dang it, should have done that on my Kingtiger.. oh well ) ...

everything's coming along very very nicely ... Love it ...

oh, almost forgot, thank you for answering my question about the air filters

thanks fellas, glad you're sticking with me :)

again some updatey stuff I reckon. I put the smoke dischargers in place and added the hatch to the commanders cupola. Some etch detail was added, as well as two small pieces of wire, which in fact were hollow rods to support a rainshield for the commander. It's something which is very often forgotten and usually not provided in the kits, nor AM products
AfrikaTiger57_zpsf5627cf7.jpg

AfrikaTiger58_zps273266e1.jpg

AfrikaTiger59_zpsfc26823c.jpg

I also need to fill two drain holes and redrill them since these two aren't quite round...
AfrikaTiger60_zps00cba1c1.jpg

almost finished buildwise you say? Not quite :p
Still need to do the turret bin, and I'm going to depict either number 243 or 241, since they stick out in the whole lot I think...they have a huge amount of jerrycans stacked to the turret
2433ml_zps4fc58aad.jpg

241243_zps024f6a17.jpg

well, that's it for now ^^

Cheers

looks amazing buddy its a shame to paint them when they looks this good shall we say naked

Another fine showing of modeling Wouts!!! Beautiful shinny workmanship!!!! Love the idea too!!! Load that sucker up!!! ;)

thanks a lot dudes. And yeah, that's a lot of jerrycans ;D...speaking of which...

I had a couple of hours to assemble the Tasca Jerrycans today. I must say I like them very very much! Very well moulded, and the thin rib between the two halves isn't a piece of thin etch like with the Dragon offerings, but a thin piece of lasercut paper. I will try to fetch some more of these sets since I didn't have enough jerry's. One set is underway from LuckyModel, but it takes VERY long to get here :-\

So I temporary used some not too good resin ones. I also glued three pieces of strip styrene together to simulate the wooden planks which were visible on the turret to hold the jerrycans, I scored some wood grain into it, but that's not visible on the photos. A smaller strip of styrene was also added in front of the jerrycans.

AfrikaTiger61_zps397d8d94.jpg

AfrikaTiger62_zps6da82414.jpg

AfrikaTiger63_zpse78d66f5.jpg

the styrene pieces were educated guesses since it isn't too clear on the photos. Still have to figure out how the jerrycans were kept onto the turret in stead of falling from the sides.
Can't figure it out on the photo...
Tiger243_zps1f744a6a.jpg

well, that's it for now again!

Cheers

This is already looking like one stunning model even without a single drop of paint ! :eek:

really clean construction, wish i could put mine together like that......oh the curse of shakey hands :p

really looking forward to seeing how it paints up

stunning work !

shane

Seen the FB updates.....fantastic stuff there Wouts!!! My mouth starts to water just thinking of the painting in store for this!!! ;)

Beautiful job! Every time I see other peoples PE work, I wonder how they manage it all. I have a hard time getting the really small parts to do what I want them to do. I currently use "The Bug" as it seems to get the job done. Any recommendations on some PE resources on how to do it? Yours seems perfect....

Texas! said:
Beautiful job! Every time I see other peoples PE work, I wonder how they manage it all. I have a hard time getting the really small parts to do what I want them to do. I currently use "The Bug" as it seems to get the job done. Any recommendations on some PE resources on how to do it? Yours seems perfect....

thanks a lot everyone, very glad y'all like it :)

Mister Texas, I think the 'Bug' is a good one to use. I have the Etchmate 3C by Mission Models and not too fond about it. I want some of that Small Shop stuff for a while now. PE resources on how to do it? Well, I can say, it's always easier when you can see someone do it, so I'd recommend Adam Wilders DVD on how to work with etch :)

Same goes for figure painting. Bought the MX Pression DVD by Olivér Kovacs on how to paint figures...really helpfull!!!! I started on painting the loader this week:

AfrikaTigerLoader2_zps307360e9.jpg

AfrikaTigerLoader1_zpsb1e38ac6.jpg

Cheers

Latest posts

Back