Admiral Graf Spee in 1/350

:eek: fantastic!!! This is how ship building should be done. The detail is superb and i must say this has inspired me to go out and get a ship model and use your tips on it :) great work my friend and im really looking forward to seeing this finished
Ridgers

Hi, guys!
Thanks! You make me blush!
Ridgers- Then my build is a winner, already! ;D
I am going on strong and make good progress. I'll try to take some pictures tonight.
Cheers!
Guido

I thought I was bad with my OCD but you sir are completely MAD! Holy cow the level of detail you put into this is unparalleled... I bow to you sir and begin chanting "I'm not worthy... I'm not worthy!" Simply incredible my friend!

Thank you, guys! Thak you very much!
I am not even finished! Still plenty of chances to screw up! :p

Anyway, as promised "hot" off the shipswrights:

getting_there_01_zps799c4a83.jpg

getting_there_02_zps8ffc4201.jpg

getting_there_03_zps502bd161.jpg

It always makes sense to get in real close to spot the flaws... ::)

Back to the workbench!

Cheers,
Guido

PS.: Exceeding 1000 clicks tonight! That is pretty good for a ship! Thank all of you for checking in!

Guido you are doing magnificent job on this. I hope you will finish it on time as it will for sure stand out ;)

STUNNING !! no other word but stunning does this model justice :eek:

Amazing work

I agree with everyone here in saying that you are a cut above the rest with the amount of detail and craftsmanship you've put into this beauty. Simply incredible my friend... one question... you're not gonna put the little people on the decks are you? If you do you're absolutely INSANE! :)

Hi, there!

Thank you very much for your praise!
Of cause the ship will be manned, I have some 300 sailors waiting to be comissioned - but, like extensive rigging and a fitting seascape, this does not fit into the confines of this contest. I will call the model done in time before the deadline at midnight on Friday 7th. It will have all the parts attached and painted. It won't have rigging but everthings else.
From there I will take it to the watercraft forum to contine this model to my best possibilities including seabase, crew and rigging. I will post a link here in time and I certainly hope to have all of you come over have a look at the progress from there. I hope to be finished with that project by mid of July.
Thanks a again for your kind words! All of you! Its a great encouragement!
Now, if you'd excuse me: I have project to finish! ;)

Cheers,
Guido

looking forward to seeing you over at the watercraft section mate, there's a lot of great builds and the Spee will add to it nicely ;D

cheers,

Shane

I'm just catching up on this build!! HOLY CRICKIES!!! This is a nice boat!!!! I LOVE all the extra detailing and am looking forward to the entry!!!

Hi guys!
Thank you all so much for your kind words!
At good long last I call the build finished! At least it's what I have been able to accomplish within these past 99 days! I just submitted my pics. NOw it's: Good luck to us all!

Here's a bit of a teaser:

AGS14_zpsa04ce714.jpg

I will continue to refine the build and setting here:

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,9363.0.html

I hope to see you there!

It was an honour sailing with you!

Cheers,
Guido

Thanks for the hint, however, the teaser is not supposed to be the best shot!
The cool stuff will be seen in the contest shots! ;) This is just point and shoot with no tricks applied.
Cheers,
Guido

Awesome job! So glad you were able to finish, it's been my favourite build of the contest to follow. :)

Thanks, man!
Keep following the progress of in the "Watercraft" section!
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back