Admiral Graf Spee in 1/350

Tailor

**ck 'em, if they can't take a joke!
Hello, folks!
Man, it seems to have taken me years to finally decide on my contribution to this fine contest.
Now finally I got my act together and chose:

The Academy 1/350 Admiral Graf Spee spiced up with Eduard PE and whatever comes in handy from the stash of PE and resin in the man-cave.

DSCF1314_zpsf615acfa.jpg

and with the lid off to show all is still bagged.

DSCF1315_zps0d1baab1.jpg

This project is hardly managable in these short three months, but I am going to try my best anyway!

Good luck to all my fellow competitors!

Cheers,
Guido

Thanks to all of you for your warm welcome and words of encouragement, guys! They are much appreciated.
I am making good headway in my build, but of cause there is a lot of basic work to do at the beginning of such a big project and especiallly the large hull parts need a lot of love and huggin'!
I plan to post a weekly video clip providing detailed shots of the progress in best tradition of SMA. I reckon these will (should) be online on Sturday nights or Sunday morning. I still have to make my first video appearance, so please bear with me.
Meanwhile, I am open to questions and discussion and I hope be in lively contact with you over the next coming months. I should mention though, that I am not particulary fond of (and versed in) colour shade discussions. After a decade of pondering, IMHO they do not make a whole lot of sense in the scales I am working in. Still, I will refer to painting routines of the Reichs- und Kriegsmarine if necessary, but I do not tend to stick to them to the bitter end. Having a nice and convincingly looking model in the end is what counts most.

Now everybody enjoy the Big Spring Contest 2013!

Cheers,
Guido

Ok, now!
What do I have to do to place a video clip in here?
Let's try this:

Will it work?

Edit I removed the hotlink... trying something different...

Let's try this once more...

I put the hyperlink here:

Week_01

That should do it, shouldn't it?

Let's try...

Hi, guys!
Sorry it's been a while, but there seems to be too much life in my modelling right now!
Work, show preparartions, etc. held me away from the workbench. On top I finished a whole lot of repetitive stuff for the Graf Spee.
So here's the update:

SMA Build Contest 2013: Admiral Graf Spee Part 3

All pictures can be found here:

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/Guido-bay/library/Admiral%20Graf%20Spee/week%203%20and%204?page=1

If any questions or suggestions, please post them here!

Cheers,
Guido

Latest posts

Back