Admiral Graf Spee in 1/350

Close up is fantastic! :eek:

Such subtle and variable tones make it look scale. Far away is great too. What a technique, I knew the stills would show it off more.

Thank you guys! Much appreciated!

I am currently in the middle of painting. Since it is all overall greys with future on top, followed by a wash, which is cleaned up and in turn sealed with another layer of future it should be pretty dull to make a video of, which has no other chance than being dull in essence.... (catching my breath)... so you'll get a short synopsis tomorrow and some nice stills to go with.

It's going to a tight squeeze, but maybe I'll be able to show something in the vicinity of a finished kit by 31st.

Keeping hope alive,
Yours' truely

Guido

Hi, guys!

While I am waiting for the video to upload here are a few stills that will help to illustrate the video.
All are on the bucket, too:

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/Guido-bay/library/Admiral%20Graf%20Spee/Week_12?sort=3&page=1

2 shots of the hull, fully painted before application of the wash:

Hull01_zps2986041a.jpg

Hull02_zps0bc8026a.jpg

Main turret with nationality marking during the Neutrality Patrol in the Med. Fully painted, washed and dry-painted.

turret2_zps357dca81.jpg[/URL]

120mm turret with fully painted, washed and dry painted.

120mm_zps76c0839e.jpg[/URL]

For more detailed information, please watch the video (which takes forever to upload today).
Can't be much longer now...

Cheers,
Guido

Hi, guys!

I basically finished weathering the hull using "Streaking" products by AK Interactive. See how it goes:

Week12_0

I like the final result. Have pretty much added all the detail to the hull now except the accomodation ladders. Tonight I shall start adding deck parts and superstructures.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Cheers,
Guido

Hi, folks!

Even though I was optimistic, even with a free day and an allnighter I am not even close to finishing by tonight.
So I am being saved by Scott's office move.
Anyway here's what's been happening:

Week 13 1

With another weeks to go I should be able to do it, but I still have to really keep at it!

Cheers,
Guido

Thanks, Grendels!
I'll certainly do my best!
Even IF I don't get it done until 7th - which seems unlikely by now - I''ll keep posting the progress over in the watercraft caretory of the forum.
That's where all the other efforts such as build the base etc. will be seen well after the contest is over. My plan is to get this baby ready for show presentation at the main IPMS show in our wonderful neighbouring country Holland in fall. That should not be so hard to do once the vessel is completed.
I'll be posting a hotlink here to the continued build by the end oif the contest.
Cheers,
Guido

Your weathering methods look very well my friend, currently makes the ship come alive, really hope you get her done before the deadline but if not we can still enjoy this lovely build on the watercraft section,

hope you pull it off

keep up the smashing work,

Shane.

Thanks, Shane!

Now see why we ships guys never get anything finished in time: 20 minutes for 1 inch of railing!
... that that because it went pretty well! ;)

Week 13 2

This one is split up in two parts again.

Week 13 3

Have fun!
Cheers,
Guido

Tailor,

Another great video full of very helpful tips, I'm dreading and looking forward to the challange of railing my Bismarck when the time comes.....I say there will be a lot of colorful language in my workshop too :p

great work my friend,

keep it up,

Shane

Latest posts

Back