Admiral Graf Spee in 1/350

Thanks for your feedback, guys!
This weeks there's no time for a video, but I wanted to let you see what I spend the last 25 hours on the workbench on. Here's the forstmast ready to be placed.

foremast01_zps3ba40b93.jpg

foremast02_zps9db81750.jpg

foremast03_zpsfefe7b25.jpg

foremast05_zpscd3b5016.jpg

I hope you like the progress so far.
Please feel free to discuss and comment right here!

Cheers and Happy Father's Day,
Guido

I've been following this build on youtube and loving it to date. I'm not much of a ship fan, but for some reason really enjoy watching people build them with all the photoetch kits. Looking forward to more videos. :)

Hello, fellow addicts!

Here's the most recent progress report:

Week10

I hope you like it!

Cheers,
Guido

another great update! Interesting use of the white glue as filler, I have never seen that one before, thanks for sharing it. :)

Thank you guys!
Much appreciated!
I actually thought that the using Elmer's as a gap filler is about the oldest hat on the shelf, but I am glad to have taken the time to show that bit. :D

Nice to see you around, Harry!

Cheers,
Guido

Hi Tailor,

great build, finding it very helpful with many great tips as I'm beginning to venture into ship modelling with my first project as the Bismarck, so your build is very inspiring

looking forward to seeing how you paint her up

thanks,

shane.

Hi, guys!
I am happy you like the progress so far.
Today I'll add 2 videos about painting the wood decks.
So, grab a coffee, have a seat...

Week11_1

and

Week11_2

Next week I'll be on vacation. That'll give me some 35-40 hours of benchtime.
I am not sure this will be enough to get that thing finished, but I'll push for the finishing line anyway.

I hope you enjoy the videos and the results!

Cheers,
Guido

an amazing pair of videos. :D

Thanks for sharing that technique it was cool to see how it all come together. Got any stills of the deck before you masked it?

Thanks guys! I am happy you enjoyed it.
Indeed the camera filters out a bit of fine detail, but it catches the general effect pretty nicely. I haven't made a whole lot of stills during the procedure, but I will try to put some up on the bucket within the weekend. I'll post a note here!
Cheers,
Guido

I hope you can get it finished on your week off and you don't get a list of chores that is 3 weeks long! ;)

... and hope dies last! ;)

Ok here are the stills:

Close up not so spectacular:

Deck01_zps03e7bde3.jpg

... but I like it far better from a little further away:

Deck04_zps1d01fea2.jpg

Cheers,
Guido

Latest posts

Back