Ace Of Spades Spitfire, Finished pictures here just in time!

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
if you dont know the story about My charecture in my stories, A P-51 Mustang fighter Pilot named Atom Fusion, he didnt just fly Mustangs, before the US was seriously involved in WWII, the USAAF had Atom get combat experience flying for the RAF in the battle of Brittan. and atom flew a Spitfire before he flew the Thunderbolt, and before he even flew his Mustang.

(Note Atom Fusion never existed, he was the main charecture in the stories i write.)

so i haven't even come up with any idea what his spitfire would have looked like, so i am planning to make his spitfire.

so what do you guys think i should do?

Re: Ace Of Spades Spitfire!

I think you should start with finding a kit of an early version of the Spit, then build it. And post some pics as you go.

Easy....If he flew in the BoB, he would have either flown a MkI Spitfire, or a MkI or MkII Hurricane, pretty much the only fighters Britain had during the BoB.

Bullet21 said:
I think you should start with finding a kit of an early version of the Spit, then build it. And post some pics as you go.

i want to get a Revell MKII thats my next model im purchasing, i have... to do a spitfire!!!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Easy....If he flew in the BoB, he would have either flown a MkI Spitfire, or a MkI or MkII Hurricane, pretty much the only fighters Britain had during the BoB.

wasnt the MKII used during the BoB or am i mistaken? thats my plan, if only the MKI was used im sure it wont be too hard to find.

Finally got a MKII kit, from Meijer for only 10 bucks, it would cost about 12 or so at a hobby store.

Box.jpg

Whatthekitcomeswith.jpg

so here is what i have planned so far, its not going to be way out there like the Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang, its going to look more like a normal spitfire. but... its going to have a spade right on top of the engine cowling. and if i can get some stars, or something American, im going to put it on the Spitfire, beacuse though the Spitfire is a British airplane, Atom was American, and being the patriot he was, he had to have some american stuff on the spitfire, but what....

Re: Ace Of Spades Spitfire, the build is under way!

Yes, MkII Spit as well...there was so little difference between the 2, that they are usually referred to as the same aircraft. Up until the MkV came along, they were all virtually the same.

Elm City Hobbies said:
Yes, MkII Spit as well...there was so little difference between the 2, that they are usually referred to as the same aircraft. Up until the MkV came along, they were all virtually the same.
i thought so XD.

Quaralane said:
Brings back memories.
how so?

well i have good news... and i have bad news...

the good news is the spitfire build is going great!! the bad news is... the pictures i have so far are at my grandpas, so unfortunately, the spitfire build may be done before i can show you the step by step process here on the forums! :'(

BUT!!! i really want to be a part of this, i really want to be involved in the group build! so... here is the plan, i will post bit by bit each part of the build, day... buy day... as if, im building it. 3 days after the next pictures are posted, which should be less than a week, you will see the finished project, and i think its going to look pretty nice!

13aceofspades13 said:
Quaralane said:
Brings back memories.
how so?
One of my first, and very few, successful attempts at painting camouflage.
Sadly, not even pictures from then

Jingles said:
13aceofspades13 said:
BUT!!! i really want to be a part of this, i really want to be involved in the group build!

I'm pretty sure (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the GB finished on the 29th of August... :-\

You could still finish it under this banner though... If'n'ya'wanna...

Jingles.

what...... :-\ :'(

i suppose.... i can move it to the "its a bird, its a plane" forum later... this really bums me out man, i really wanted to be a part of this, and just as i almost Finnish the spitfire MKII what a bummer... :'( :'(

If you want to jion in on the fun, talke a look at some other GBs that are up and running (the Mecha one is close to finishing however).

JMac said:
If you want to jion in on the fun, talke a look at some other GBs that are up and running (the Mecha one is close to finishing however).

i hope there is another WWII Airplane related group build soon... Airplanes are my specialty, im also running low on money to make models..... i guess im just going to have to bite the bullet on this one.... ill check the other group builds out.

SpitfirevsBF-109E-7.jpg

dogfighting with the BF-109E-7 Ace

Cominginforthekill.jpg
another angle, notice the all important spades on the engine cowling

Anotherangleofthekill.jpg

5 oclock

ok... so i got it done, and here it is, I found some pictures on my pone, uploaded them to the Forum... lucky i found a way.... so i still want to show the building process, so i will show it in the "Its a bird its a plane" Forum.

sorry for the low quality pictures, all i had was the cellphone camera.

Latest posts

Back