Ace is stuck on the ground!

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
no no no!!! :'( i must fly!!!

my old computer is finally starting to die, it will not play some of its programs including my flight simulator! it will cost me about $800 too $1000 to replace this computer and i don't have the money when i am saving it for more important things!

i decided to play my flight simulator tonight, when my computer decided too crash right as it started to turn on the game, think what caused it was a update notification from java decided to rudely pop up when i was loading the game and the computer went DUUUUUU... BOOM!!! blue screen, i have tried re installing the programs that do not work, i noticed its programs that require a CD to run, so i tried a external CD drive and no luck, i guess i am stuck on the ground, and it may be for a while.... and gentleman and ladies, this bird does not do well stuck on the ground :-\

What model computer do you have?
What operating system?

I had something similar happen to me with my laptop.
I had to re format the HD and re-install WindosXP.
Ever since, it's running like new.

yea Reinstall windows can Somtimes be all it needs, when was the last time you done this if ever?? and do you have a firewall/vireus checker. if not after reinstal get one there are some free versions out there.

Ace: Take the others advice. If the system was running well before, then an fresh install is probably all you need. It doesn't sound hardware related.

$800-$1000 to replace?

LOL...when was the last time you priced a computer? Can pick up a kick ass PC from Best Buy for likely less than $500, would be more than enough to play your flight sim.

Now if you want some super rig like something Alienware puts out, then yeah, but that is over kill for what 95% of what people do, unless you want to run the latest and greatest games, in HD with cinema movie like frame rates.

lol i wish i could get a kcik ass one for that kind of money. last time i priced teh parts its was two and a half grand. and that wasnt going mad

hay guys got it figured out, thanks for your support!

it turns out it was my antiviris software did not like the game! i noticed a pop up in the corner of my screen as it would not turn on, i simply logged off the internet, and turned off its shields, and sure enough... cough cogh choke spat START!!! running again! just finished re adjusting my flight simulator and everything is running good again!

Elm City Hobbies said:
$800-$1000 to replace?

LOL...when was the last time you priced a computer? Can pick up a kick ass PC from Best Buy for likely less than $500, would be more than enough to play your flight sim.

Now if you want some super rig like something Alienware puts out, then yeah, but that is over kill for what 95% of what people do, unless you want to run the latest and greatest games, in HD with cinema movie like frame rates.

:)well the price of computers has changed considerably since i last got it, you are probably right, i could get something just as good perhaps a tad better for 500 too 600 bucks! this thing is two years old.

2 years old ain't that bad, mine is pushing 4 mabe 5 and will still will run Bf3 EvE and any of the latest games

I just built a new one last year, I think it cost me $1200. It is not a low end machine, more like something from alienware, one of those you would pay $2500 for from them. If you build it yourself you can save money. But only if you are going for high end. For the low end machines, it is cheaper just to buy one out of box. On those machines, you get a price break on windows 7. For $220, you can get either a copy of windows 7, or a computer with windows 7 on it. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Very nice, I badly need to upgrade seriously need more hdd space CPU is fine but it is time for an upgrade Q6600 and 4 gig of memory is a bit out dated now, but I also want the cannon 50 f/1.2 usm II, I prob should stop buying kits for a few months....... :D

I thought I was being smart and added 4GB to the already 2GB on mine.....turns out, Win 7 32bit only recognizes up to 4gb of ram. Got to upgrade to the 64bit to make use of RAM over 4gb.

Problem with that, alot of software doesn't work on the 64bit Win 7

Upgraded from an Nvidia 8800GT to a 9800GTS....still behind the eightball there, but the 9800 screams, didn't know there was actual 3D grass in WoT! LOL

Of course, because the 9800GTS has a separate power connector direct from the PS....I had to upgrade the PS since the old one didn't have the connection (and would have been too small anyway)

So with the new PS, upgraded RAM and upgraded video, should be good for another couple of years. It was a out of the box ACER system, but I have upgraded/replaced most of it, I think the only thing native left on it is the motherboard and CPU.

I am running windows 7 64bit, and I have not had one problem with running programs. Everything runs fine. At my office I have four computers all running win 7 with the 64bit edition and again, no issues with programs.

Where you have issues with the 64 bit edition is drivers. I have some very old equipment at the office mainly two very large HP printers. And I had little trouble getting them to work.

Now with Vista, or XP, those 64bit editions had problems.

I am running a very custom build rig, 8 gb of memory, 2.5 tb of hard disk space, I7 quad core processor with a 480Gtx nvida video card.

Since changes in computer hardware have slowed, this rig should last decades.......

I've also never had a program not run on w7, what ever you are trying to run must be old

The PC my parents bought about a year ago, and came with a 64bit of Win 7, and there were quite a few things that wouldn't run on it....mostly games they played, but still, just wouldn't work. Even a brand new game like the newest Bejewelled game wouldn't work.

Never tried a 64bit on my own, but with the experience on my parent's PC...I wasn't going to tempt fate.

Once I changed theirs to a 32bit version, everything worked fine, even drivers.

I supposed if I did upgrade my own to 64bit, I would then be able to take advantage of the 6GB of RAM (as opposed to only 4GB now), and take more advantage of the dual processors.

When I got this PC, it had Vista......used it for all of about 4hrs, and dumped it for my trusted XP. Since I got a copy of Win 7 Ultimate, it has ran flawlessly since....so if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

W7 64 is awsome Vista wasnt that great until it was patched up

Lol I didn't mind it sure a lot didn't work on it but that's tobe expected

When Vista first came out, I bought a new computer just for it. A custom rig with all the new fun things. Like a SATA DVD player.

Vista came on a DVD and didn't know what a SATA DVD player was. So I had to crack open the case and put in a IDE DVD player. It made installing Vista a mess. On top of that, I was doing a mirrored RAID array and Vista wanted to pull the drivers off of a floppy disk. Something I didn't want to install on that computer. So I got a floppy out of storage and installed them.

I also made the system dual boot with Vista and XP.

Then the fun began.

Every two or three months, Mircrosoft would do an update and Vista would crash. It would crash to the point that it would no longer boot up properly. I made the silly mistake of calling Microshaft customer support the first time and sat on the phone with tech support for 8 hours while they went through their check list to try and fix it. End result, I needed to re-install everything. Tech support didn't tell me that, they said to just keep fiddling around with the computer in safe mode until it was fixed. The problem was it wouldn't even boot into safe mode.

So I went through the process of installing Vista again. It took 6 hours to install everything fresh.

Three months later, the same thing happened again. Then again, then again.......

I tried everything I could think of, no more RAID array, no more STAT DVD drive etc. Nothing worked. I would get a microshaft security update and boom, no more working computer.

The computer is still running, with both Vista and XP on it. I just never try to boot it into Vista. XP runs fine on it. I am about to try and install 7 on it and see what happens.

LOL...my problem with Vista....

I bought the PC I have now from Best Buy, was an ACER bundle with the printer included (since replaced by a bigger better HP model).

So this was a bundle, should have been tested to work.....Vista didn't recognize the printer, nor could you dl drivers for it.

Format C followed soon after! LOL

Latest posts

Back