Academy UH-60L "Umbrella"

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
Well, I've finally broke her open and started a couple parts. didnt get too far considering I have to be asleep here soon. Plus, tested out the new tripod setup on the side table to consistently document my build progress. Planning on a simple Dio base with Tarmac and some sandbags to outline the helipad area. Going to try a deep tan or dark brown to make this one unique......who knows, perhaps even a custom caricature paint job :).

DSC_0007-4.jpg
DSC_0008-6.jpg
the new BUG
DSC_0006-5.jpg
DSC_0005-3.jpg

P.S.- Scott, I'll be submitting my second entry fee next week :) Payday and all ....

Re: Academy UH-60L " Project: Piglet"

Dude, so pumped to see this on the forum! Can I ask what the significance of the "classified" is? Is it a joke or a real necessity?

Necessary to cover the nearly bare breasts of a woman holding a Vader helmet. Didn't realize until after that it MAY be considered NSFW. So I modded the picture right fast :)

wow that small bug is really small. i was thinking is was about 4x4 but thats timy

and did you say boobies.......... ;D

Indeed, there were mammaries afoot !

(wakes up with a start, falls off chair)

What? Boobs? Orbs of distraction??

Oh...covered up...

you`d better show us an awesome build to make up for that! ;D

I agree, make this build great. (Which, if it is even close to the T-90, it will be amazing!)

Managed about a half hour to work before the wife got home. Already have applied 16 pieces of PE to the parts you see in the picture above. I'll upload some shots tomoro. I have a 4 day weekend, so prepare for progress!!!

16 pieces of PE per rotor, and another6 for the middle plate. I know its not all too accurate but I went with a twisted look to the torque arms. Time to get some lunch, then its back to the grind!! Hoping to get some major headway complete these next few days.

DSC_0009.jpg
DSC_0010.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg

So, do your eyes hurt yet? ;)

Looking really sharp! Keep up the good work!

Engine base and Pilot seats complete.....diving in on the sealbelts and buckles once my hobby room cools down.....its 88 degrees in there !

DSC_0012.jpg
DSC_0013.jpg

First time working with such scales. Seatbelts are being bent and applied as we speak. so many Pilot/Crew/Gunners chairs to do !

DSC_0015-4.jpg
DSC_0014-4.jpg

ill be tuned-in to this build:D good luck comrade!:D

cheers!

Iking

waiting for the dashboard to dry completely before I finish of that whole subassembly and set it aside. The Crew Chairs are going to be a daunting task whenever I get to that stage.

DSC_0025-1.jpg
DSC_0024-1.jpg
DSC_0021-1.jpg
DSC_0023.jpg

I'll extend the compliment to the console. Wow that looks stunning!

Query for the Masses: Should I stick with the Desert Tan Scheme OR Should I lean towards a movie prop and go for an Umbrella Corporation Blackhawk with some light damage, skid weathering and some Zed dings and dents. Perhaps a bloody handprint here and there too.

In need of some guiding opinions and input from all of you guys :)

MY Project name would have to be changed, but thats not a difficult task

Latest posts

Back