Academy UH-60L "Umbrella"

Progress
image-57.jpg

image-58.jpg

Added the small details. Only 3 more steps, adding the PE and its PRIME TIME!!!
image-60.jpg
image-59.jpg

Oh so close to the paint Badge!!! Looking sweet and bring on the ink!! ;)

image-61.jpg
Realized I missed the FLIR pod....out came the dremel. Filling with squadron putty and sanding smooth tomoro mornin

image-62.jpg
And with that, construction is complete. Just need some smoothing, add PE , and this baby will be primed!!!

Then comes the hard part ;)

image-64.jpg
This is a ragged mess of putty to fill those wide gaps. Should sand down just fine though

image-63.jpg
There it is. Fully built. Just adding the PE and it'll be paint time :)

image-65.jpg
image-66.jpg
image-67.jpg
image-68.jpg
All of the PE is secured ....Annnnnnnd
image-69.jpg
image-70.jpg
image-71.jpg
PRIMED

Just have to fix that alignment issue on the last pic....didn't realize it turned out so bad

Mmmm, can smell the fumes!!! ;D Always a fun part of the job!!! Can't wait for some color!! ;)

Well, started to paint today, before I got called in to work to deal with my "problem". that being one of my coworkers having a mental breakdown and driving our government vehicle off a small pier and then was tazed by the police, resulting in him being in the asylum now....All in all, not too bad for 15 minutes work after I had to ungunk and overhaul my HP-CS.

image-72.jpg

More to come in the following days

It seams the local Licker population as had a lot of fun with the sides of the Chopper. Lickers are the bane of my resident evil playing lol

Thats's exactly the kind of damage I was going for. Glad to see someone spotted the reference :) If only I could find a 1:35 scale Licker to accompany the Rooftop helipad base I'm starting to construct

Took the time and completed the entire fuselage, weaponry, and tail/main rotors. Gonna let it cure for a day or two since my schedule flipped around again due to the "problem" I described earlier.

image-73.jpg

Latest posts

Back