Academy UH-60L "Umbrella"

I'm new to the board, and also have this kit next in line. I love your concept of the Umbrella Corp! I'll be building mine pretty basic out of the box for my Lieutenant. It's my first helo build. :D I'm looking forward to seeing this!

image-18.jpg
Filled in the 3mm deep ejector pin marks with some Green Putty
image-20.jpg
Storage bins for the rear of the pilots seats
image-21.jpg
Some PE Detail for the cockpit area, I have to straighten those pedals before priming
image-22.jpg
image-23.jpg
My collection of primer ready parts, developing a plan to get them set and build the full interior
image-24.jpg
The current state of my work area : PIG PEN!

image-25.jpg
Finally got the floor template to fit
image-26.jpg
Took far far too long to get these turnbuckles sorted
image-27.jpg
Mounted supports and the interior is ready for priming
image-28.jpg
My sessions have been fueled by numerous Diet Cokes and these little gems :)

Liking this thread, I hope you dont run out of seaweed snacks and diet coke anytime soon .. ;D

Whats the idea with the floor template ? Forgive me if ive missed something bleeding obvious ..lol

It's a template for putting down the photoetch. It helped get them in just the right spot :) last year, Myke built this for the BSC and he said he couldn't get his template right. I figured out it had to be printed from eduard's website as "actual size"

TBadger said:
image-28.jpg
My sessions have been fueled by numerous Diet Cokes and these little gems :)

What ??!! your eating Wood wrapped in electrical tape ?! ;D

They did look quite strange, but at $1 per bag and 0 fat and 100 calories per bag, I had to try them. They come in 7 other flavors which ate harder to find. If you like sushi, you'd love these. Essentially puffed rice noodles wrapped in thin seaweed tape......but I digress. More progress on the chopper to come today!!!

wow, thats some awesome detail with the photoetch! and great choice of snacks too, i love them!

Finally started priming the pieces that were ready
image-30.jpg
image-29.jpg
I plan on adding some AK track rust to the floor which I purposely laid the CA a little thick to show bubbling paint pockets and rust damage at the tie down points
image-32.jpg
Dry fit the whole cockpit area. Not looking too bad, but drilled out the mount holes a bit more anyhow
image-33.jpg
All my pieces get to sit and dry until after dinner on the grill and some beers :)
image-34.jpg

Speedy!!! Must be the seaweed snacks ::) Looking nice there, under the primer!!! Keep it going!!! ;D

Did I hear Chopper???

Nice bit of progress and I think I need to find seaweed snacks now...

Drybrushed and prepped the console to be mounted
image-35.jpg
added some Umbrella Corp logos where i thought they could look nice....this one needs a little sharpening before final mount
image-36.jpg
more dry brush with Tamiya Gunmetal
image-37.jpg
The ejector pin marks in the center of the seat suited the logos perfectly
image-38.jpg
Made the floor rather beat up and scratched......plan on doing a decently thick brown mud wash and add some baking soda mix to simulate some oxidation , finally a bit of blood and bootprints to finish it off
image-39.jpg

Looking good, would be nice to see a picture of the finished beast next to a quarter or something to get an idea how big this kit is in real life.

The full kit measures about 12" and the rotors are about 14"....these little parts are about the size of a 9v battery on average

Latest posts

Back