Academy SB2C-4 HELLDIVER

Austin ,sorry buddy I watched the vid earlier and forgot to comment ....D'uh ::)....old age !!

Anyhoo ,Its looking great buddy and as Myke said ,you got excellent skills for your age ,and ya still got plenty of time ahead of you ;)

Chris.

Looks like a challenging bit of conversion work, but you licked it nicely.
One sharp looking little plane

Austin ! Look at you go my Man ! Awesome work !

you play the Big boyz Game... your Skills are growing each time we see one of your videos...

We better hold on to our Hats.... cuz Austin is charging on! LOL !

That's quite the bird you have there.... it must have been Huge in real life... the guys in it look so
Puny !

Good idea on the canopies Temp glue ! Have you thought about masking the canopies framing yet !

There is a ton of work awaiting you !!! But Tamiya Tape can be a great friend !!! Always use a Fresh
Blade in your Xacto for frame work !!! If you are going to cut it all by yourself! Many methods exist for doing that kind of Window masking and I won’t insult your intelligence on HOW to go about it !!!

But if you feel like NOT cutting all those windows... you can get yourself a nice set of Edward Pre-Cut Masks specially designed for your Plane! Edward makes them and they are only like 6$ or 7$

EDCX125_MED.jpg

It's up to you ! either way... it will look great !

Take care !

Norm

OUT !

schweinhund227 said:
Austin ! Look at you go my Man ! Awesome work !

you play the Big boyz Game... your Skills are growing each time we see one of your videos...

We better hold on to our Hats.... cuz Austin is charging on! LOL !

That's quite the bird you have there.... it must have been Huge in real life... the guys in it look so
Puny !

Good idea on the canopies Temp glue ! Have you thought about masking the canopies framing yet !

There is a ton of work awaiting you !!! But Tamiya Tape can be a great friend !!! Always use a Fresh
Blade in your Xacto for frame work !!! If you are going to cut it all by yourself! Many methods exist for doing that kind of Window masking and I won’t insult your intelligence on HOW to go about it !!!

But if you feel like NOT cutting all those windows... you can get yourself a nice set of Edward Pre-Cut Masks specially designed for your Plane! Edward makes them and they are only like 6$ or 7$

EDCX125_MED.jpg

It's up to you ! either way... it will look great !

Take care !

Norm

OUT !

Thanks, Norm! :D

I did cut out the frames using the liquid masking film (and a new x-acto blade). I guess I did make it very clear in the video, after looking back. ;D

My Bad ! LOL sorry dude ! i couldn't put the sound loud... at work ! LOL missed that part !

Looking forward to your next update then !

later buddy !

schweinhund227 said:
My Bad ! LOL sorry dude ! i couldn't put the sound loud... at work ! LOL missed that part !

Looking forward to your next update then !

later buddy !

lol, it's all good. ;)

I've said it before and I'll say it again...You've got some mad skills Austin! The manual dexterity, patience and attention to detail you possess are way beyond your years. The Helldiver is really looking top notch. Keep up the excellent work my friend!!

fumblethumbs said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again...You've got some mad skills Austin! The manual dexterity, patience and attention to detail you possess are way beyond your years. The Helldiver is really looking top notch. Keep up the excellent work my friend!!

Thanks, man. It means a lot. :)

Wow, Austin! Your work is outstanding!

Can you tell us more about the paints you're using, and the solvent and mix ration you use for airbrushing? I'm a novice when it comes to airbrushing, and I'm curious to learn from as many people as I can.

the Baron said:
Wow, Austin! Your work is outstanding!

Can you tell us more about the paints you're using, and the solvent and mix ration you use for airbrushing? I'm a novice when it comes to airbrushing, and I'm curious to learn from as many people as I can.

Sure, not a problem.

Looking really good, Austin.

Question about the wash on the flaps, though. Why use red?

Latest posts

Back