Academy M1151

letsgobrowns82

Okay well I'm finally getting a new build going after getting settled into my new place. I'm working on Academy's M1151. So far the kit looks pretty good but we will see how it goes. I put some money down on some a.m. parts that I think will make this kit standout. I purchased the suspension set, a legend detail set, and a verlinden stowage set. So I don't have much progress yet but here are a couple pics. The undercarriage has some pretty bad ejector pin marks so that's going to need some putty and sanding but that's all I have noticed so far.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I built three of these kits recently for a project I had going. Awesome kits!! I love them. The suspension kit can be a little tricky but other than that they went together like a dream!! Cant wait to see how your build comes out.

Thanks Scott and Adam. EHOG I am seeing what you mean. These instructions suck. Its basically a picture of the finished suspension and you figure out how to make it look like that. But I am plugging away on it right now!

Im getting a little bit further on this suspension. I'm thinking this is going to have to set over night and tomorrow I will put in the drive shafts and A-Arms since its pretty fragile right now. Its time to crack open the upgrade kit and start the interior!

Well I couldn't help it and I went a little further with the suspension. The suspension itself is just about done despite the lack of instruction its gone together fairly well and without complication.

Looks awesome... I found that when I went to put the wheels on they stuck out too far from the body. I cured that by trimming that "hub peg" in the back of the wheel down in increments until it lined up with the body correctly. I taped the body where it needed to be to do that.
Not tryin to jack your thread. Just somthing I had to figure out the hard way.

I spent a year with one as its driver and primary caretaker. I know WAAAY too much about how things go on those trucks.

No no no no... thank you for your service.
I've currently got a third 1151 sitting on my back burner that I think I am going to dump a bit more care and accuracy into since it will be for me sitting in a diorama of some kind. These are fun little kits. How is yours coming along?

Latest posts

Back