ABC war robot, soft vinyl

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
Haven't I show you my ABC War robot here ?
Can't find the topic... It's the ABC War robot, a mecha you can find in the 2000 AD comics, nothing to do with Judge Dredd but sharing the same magazine pages. It made a good appearance in the Judge Dredd movie though, with Stallone. I love its design, the clunky, used, rusty look of it. It's no human in a costume, you can tell.

Will share the WIP if you're interested.
So far here is the result, never actually finished it, the final details on the foot are too boring.
But I'm quite please with the rusty look, the paint result, totally in phase with my paint-work... :)

Used everything at hand, acrylic, enamels, inks and wshes from citadel...

Some pictures.
On my messy workbench.

In my hands, showing you the biiig scale

On a black background

Some more

This is the robot from the Judge Dredd movie...right? Cool work on the weathering...nicely aged.
You've captured the imposing presence this guy has......Very Nice. Bravo. Bill

Indeed, this robot is the only good thing in the Judge Dredd movie :)

Thanks ! :D

Terrific job YOULI!

Chris Cunningham designed this, as well as Mean Machine (for the film.)

Wanted one of these for ages. Is it still available anywhere?

Great work man, nice to see something a bit different too.

Quality paint and weathering job

Ian said:
Terrific job YOULI!

Chris Cunningham designed this, as well as Mean Machine (for the film.)

Wanted one of these for ages. Is it still available anywhere?

I bought it years ago at a Model kit convention, it's the real deal.
THough I know that a bootleg, recast, soft vinyl, is sold on ebay. It's Thai work if you know what I mean. Not great, a bad stuff but it's cheap, available...

Can't give you more information thant that.

PS : the Soft vinyl is easy to work with, with some parts added, like wires and stuff here, it really gain in volume and realism. The weathering was easy and fun to do.

Ian said:
So is this one similar to your kit?

http://bit.ly/NVGRLK

Ian, This the same kit, but the link you have is for a "copy" fom South Asia. I understand you pasted what you could find..... They will look OK. But an original always look better!

I had to fight with my Copy to get him to fit correctly! In the end, it turned out, Ok!
Even for a copy, it does look impressive!

A picture I forgot to share with you, it was during an Anime and Manga COnvention, at Dijon (the town of the mustard) 2 years ago I think.

DSC02085.jpg

(voice in Starship Troopers) Do you want to know MORE ?
Clic here :)
http://www.facebook.com/Yeuweuleu/photos#!/media/set/?set=a.412401656472.176484.580936472&type=3

Its awesome, youli. You have good taste in models and paint them even better! Always did want this kit too, remember seeing it at the local hobby shop as a kid.

Latest posts

Back