A question of Thunderchief camouflage

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Not sure if I should post this here or under aircraft, because it's a paint scheme question and not yet a build...

A bunch of stuff that has been keeping me from my bench will soon wrap-up. This leads me to thinking about a new build (after I finish up a few started projects ::) ) - I'd like to build another F-105d, maybe in 1:48 or 1:32, in USAF European wrap-around camo. The problem I have is that I only have painting reference for the upper surfaces. I know the undersurfaces are not light grey (as they would be for a SEA scheme). I did several google searches, but only found upper, or kind of isometric top images.

Does anyone have any info or painting referances to help me out? I have the decals for the F-105d "My Karma" already.

Jason

I just did a search for F-105D "My Kharma" in Google images, and found lots.

Looks like a wrap around camo

ha2507-f105-karma-profile.jpg

my_karma_F105D62-301HI_zps9cd8b961.jpg

62-4301Oct231983NortonAFBDonMcGarry_zps22899c90.jpg

0944692.jpg

Thanks Scott. I found similar images also, but it's the under surfaces that I'm wondering about. The bottom of the wings and such...

I would say going by the last photo above, seems like the camo wraps around the whole aircraft. What you see on top, is what you see on the bottom.

Latest posts

Back