A PBJ anyone?

ModelFreak72

HI folks, I'm going to build a PBJ-1J. The PBJ was the marine corps designation for the B-25. The PBJ's differed from army B-25 in that they had a gun gas dispersion tube running along the front lower half of the fuselage. Early PBJ C&D's had a search radar installed in the belly which was extended during flight and another mounted on the nose of the plane. Later model J's had the radar installed in a starboard wing pod, some of which were moved to nose by the marines in the field. They where also a cool tri-color! Looking forward to seeing all the other builds. Lets have at it!

[attachment deleted by admin]

aaah the 1/48th scale Revell Monogram B-25 Mitchel, i have built and restored a couple, it sure is a nice kit if you take care of her... nice and easy with her.

Cool idea ModelFreak72. Really looking forward to following your build.

Very cool! I'm looking forward to seeing your build, MF! I've a PBJ on my long-term project list, too, you don't see it that often, so it'll be fun to follow along.

Hey guys with the rain in town I was able to make some progress on the PBJ! The cockpit and gun are sprayed with Life Color US interior green. I wasn't sure I was going to like it after I sprayed it, but it has grown on me! I did a dry brush of aluminum and silver and a light wash of flory model dark dirt. She is coming along slowly but surly. Hope to have some more pics shortly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Good start there ,nice looking little cockpit ,Im glad I wasnt painting that dash ....too many clocks ;D

Chris.

Thanks fumble! If you are looking for the radar Mike from Lone Star Models has them. He has two types, one for the wing and the other is for the nose.

Latest posts

Back