A novel new notion! : a model plane "air mobile"

t_tail_boy

This can work for your very small scale model static aircraft for displaying them hanging and moving about with a gentle room breeze: please forgive the cheap Nikon Coolpix camera.

I can view model planes above the TV set while hopeful never watching the unfortunate news about aviation mishaps. I will eventually get some finer thread. some wire and some white paint and pretty up that mobile hanging display.

model air moble jetliners by boeing (1).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (2).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (3).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (4).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (5).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (6).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (7).JPGmodel air moble jetliners by boeing (8).JPG

I'm using dental floss right now. White thread might be too weak. Maybe the lightest-test monofilament fishing line.

I'd also suggest the fishing line.
It's what I've used to hang models for years

Otherwise, this looks to be an excellent idea

Here is the improved model airplane hanger painted in black and with hobby spools as height adjusters. Completed late 2020. 4-pound test mono now used. The spool adjusters allow for precise height, roll and pitch angles for the displayed aircraft models. Some of these jets look they are climbing and/or banking.

The Daron Toys planes are rather cheesy toys than precision scale models. The "landing gear" looks toy-like and not scale. The decals are not waterside and sealed under clear paint but rather typical sticky labels of a low grade found commonly on stuff bought at Walmart. The models have both die-cast metal and plastic parts.

Attachments

• custom model airplane hanger.JPG
    custom model airplane hanger.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back