66 Malibu

Niiiiiice Matt, are going to have one side having major sag on the suspension and flat tires? Sorry if this has Allready been addressed.

Thanks MJ. No this won't have any major sag on one side. The turret would certaily be heavy but it's not 1/4 steel or anything that serious. I checked before I mounted it. ;) I don't know if they'd use stronger springs on one side to compensate for that or not. Didn't think that would handle too good like that. ;D

There may be a tad bit of sag in the back tho. Not sure.

Tonight I made a little push bar for the front but tore it off. I really dig the grille and didn't want to cover that up. I'm also using the stock bumper just because I still want this to look something like a 66 Chevelle.

I'm glad you redid the box. It looks much better now. And the bits that you added to the turret does make it stand out. Really cool.

Thanks Steelsnail and Quaralane.

I added a few details such as a small push bar in the front and a few weld seams around the box. Then I went ahead shot it with my last drop of automotive primer. I like the way it looks at this stage. Hopefully soon get some painting started. I have a few other projects that need paint as well. So I'll be busy. ;D

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3045.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

WOW, the details on the water heater just pop right out under the primer!! Wicked!!

The primer really brings it together Matt, you can see the details pop!

Must admit I miss the lime green though....

Can't wait to see some rust

I appreciate the comments guys. To be honest, I saw this as white the whole time. Sounds boring right? Well, it won't all be white. White is not a typical post apoc. vehicle colour. The painting on this will be a tad complex. Alot of metal here. Originally I thought the box should be aluminum to keep the vehicle light. But I don't really see someone using a bunch of new pretty sheet aluminum for such a heavy duty rig. Plus it isn't that often you see aluminum laying about like that. But most importantly metal makes for more intersting weathering. ;) Ya!! you know what I'm talking about. Giggity. ;D

:) Hey noname,

You´ve got it, your model seems a kind of Frankestein´s ingenuity Road Warrior ;D ... it seems Max Rockatansk´s nitemare... ;) ,

no, sincerely, I think you´ve got a well balanced creation, noname, a mix of muscle car ... utility truck ... and WWI armored car turret (it resembles a bit a Rolls Royce AC).

:D Congrats, noname, a cracking model,
Cheers
RG

It's looking better and better.
I love the idea of using white because you can try to replicate high contrasting effects like these:
ure-of-white-chipping-paint-on-metal-thumb14078201.jpg
2583443717_8a2f43ec42.jpg

Grendels, thanks man.

Roberto, thank you for the kindwords my friend.

Steel snail, Not quite like that but not too far off. I actually wasn't going to make the car body itself very rusted.

eh up buddy,cant wait to see ya paint work now ive seen the effect ya planning on!ya builod is sweat and that would just nail it in my eyes!top job buddy......cheers peza

Thanks Peza, painting has started.

I've been working on the box lately. This is where I'm at with it.

IMG_3159.jpg

Everything else not including the turret recieved some HS today.

IMG_3169.jpg

And the engine is getting there. Still a bit to do tho. My first time using an AK Effects. Engine Grime is pretty easy to use.

IMG_3173.jpg

Thanks for stopping in.

Latest posts

Back