66 Malibu

noname

Hey guys. Some of you may remember this from the Post apocalyptic group build. A few things didn't quite set well with me. And one of them was the long wheelbase and the box. So I'm going to take care of that. I got this urge to throw on the back end of a Chevy II AWB body I had laying about. I like the tail lights. This may look odd now (it was meant to actually) but wait to see what happens.

I want to try to redo some of the paint as well. It's acrylic so the shouldn't be too hard.

Awesome Matt! Great to see you revisiting this. It's gonna be wicked, no doubt.

Look what I done did ya'll. I went and got me rid of some paint. Simple green eats acrylic for breakfast. I'll have to wait to paint it when I get the back end sorted of course.

Thanks Scott. I had this idea the first time around but didn't go with it fir some reason. Should have, would've saved me some trouble. ::)

I've seen pictures of 1:1 vehicles with this set up. It must be just tension that keeps the track on. I suppose you could put the track on a flat tire, then pump it up? Anyway, now I have to decide if this is a rubber or metal track. I've seen both. What do you guys think?

Metal would probably be more fun to paint...rubber would probably make more sense.

Ya, I guess that is the dilemma. I must go with metal because it would look cooler. ;)

Everyone likes metal. Well this rig will have it's fair share,....if the turret isn't enough for ya. 8)

I was thinking of putting a gun on the back. Not a canon but just a good sized machine gun or something. I'm not knowledgeable about guns. I think a Gatling gun would be neat. Does anybody know of a gun that is simple in design therefore easy to scratch build?

Latest posts

Back