500 posts

The Nylon Gag

Ello Mates,

I just noticed that i've made 500 posts.

Wow, have i really done that many, have i really been on this site that long. The time has really flown by.

I come on SMA every day.
If not on the computer in the cave, then on my phone, or when i get the chance at work, which is alot ;D

I have a few buddies, i talk F1 with IGARD, SPUD, HOOTERS, WEBBY. We have a little F1 game going.

IGARD is in Scotland
SPUD is in Ireland
HOOTERS is in Central Pennsylvania
WEBBY is in Australia
Me, i'm from England but i live in Florida.
Nice global mix.

I mooch around all the areas on the site, commenting when something catches my eye, being excited to watch the big spring contest unfold, i have about 10-15 builds bookmarked, which i visit everyday, i feel quilty i can't look at them all but i have picked certain members who always deliver to follow.

I all ways look forward to Scotts videos, the reason i got the plastic bug again, so entertaining, and motivating.

I'm about 18 months into my build, the support i have received has been nothing short of fantastic, i never thought that many people would be interested.
I value your opinions and your support, a quick message from a member really means a lot to me, please keep stopping by it motivates me so much.

I appreciate the support i have received from everyone and i value your friendship.
Here's to 500 more 8)

SMA is a great thing ;D

Thank you everyone,

Thank you Scott
In a way you saved me mate. You and Metallica. ;D

Gag

congrats on hitting the 500 mark Gag. i just checked and i have the most posts...... ::) is that good or bad :)

Congrats on 500 ma dude. I just recently hit 1000 and chalked it up to my mouth runs like a ducks back side ha ha. F1 is a global sport Mate!!!! I cant wait till 2014 when F1 comes to New Jersey. Ill be there rain, snow, sleet or hail. Ive been to the Indy 500 and have been told that the 500 doesnt hold a candle to a F1 race. :D Glad to be friends my friend.

<-- looks at post count :p :p :p :p

I guess I'm doing too much talking, and not enough building, then

Thanks for the nice post Nylon Gag

Chris S said:
Less talky ...more buildy ;D ;)

Another +1..

Quaralane said:
<-- looks at post count :p :p :p :p

I guess I'm doing too much talking, and not enough building, then

I know, look who is talking.....

Nice message Gag. That friendly chap Scott brought me here too, and you guys are the reason I stayed ;)

is the best place to be inspired to get building and get posting so im off to do both well done on the big 5

Congrats

The Nylon Gag said:
WEBBY is in Australia

I know the flags are very (very very) similar but calling a Kiwi and Australian is a shootable offence down here ;D

Its like calling a Canadian an American or a Scotsman an Irishman ;)

WebbyNZ said:
Congrats

The Nylon Gag said:
WEBBY is in Australia

I know the flags are very (very very) similar but calling a Kiwi and Australian is a shootable offence down here ;D

I am so sorry Webby, shoot away, yes, i will have the blind fold please. :-[

I have always prided myself on knowing peoples nationality but the flags are so friggin small i missed it. And the WebbyNZ didn't tip me off. :p Sorry, i'm just not that bright, OK :)

Sorry mate.

People in the US sometimes ask me if i'm Australian so i know how offensive it is ;) LOL ;D

Off subject but i'm sure you know a Kiwi movie called Once they were Warriors

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110729/

One of my favourite movies.
Some of the Maori gang tattoos are stunning.
If other members have never seen it, you should check it out.
It is an extremely powerful movie, not for the faint hearted.

Gag

The Nylon Gag said:
Off subject but i'm sure you know a Kiwi movie called Once they were Warriors

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110729/

One of my favourite movies.
Some of the Maori gang tattoos are stunning.
If other members have never seen it, you should check it out.
It is an extremely powerful movie, not for the faint hearted.

Gag

Great movie starring Jango Fett (Temuera Morrison) :) as a really nasty peice of work.
Unfortunatley it does not shine NZ in the best light as the things that happen in that move are sadly happening quite often in the poorer parts of the country but thankfully are are the exception and not the rule.

It is to NZ gangs as American History X is to american skinhead gangs, which should be considered before popping it in the DVD player on family movie night :)

Since you have supported and promoted the NZ film industry ill forgive any past indiscretions ;D

Rena Owen is also in Attack of the clones and Revenge of the Sith.

She is the voice of Taun We in Clones and Nee Alavar in Sith.

Great actress, Temuera Morrison is pretty good in Warriors also, talk about intimidating.

I heard that there were only 6 professional actors in that film and that all the extras were actual gang members, is that true?

Gag

[/quote]

[/quote]
Way to go webby ;D

The Nylon Gag said:
I heard that there were only 6 professional actors in that film and that all the extras were actual gang members, is that true?

Gag

I thinks a bit of an myth, there was probably only a handfull of 'professional actors' that make full time living from acting, and some of the extras probably had gang affiliations but thats not uncommon in that part of the country.

there is also a sequel that didn't have the same impact or sucess
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0197094/

Thanks for this man. We certainly have grown into an excellent online community...and for that to happen it takes great people coming together.

Scott Girvan said:
Thanks for this man. We certainly have grown into an excellent online community...and for that to happen it takes great people coming together.

Thank you Scott.

You are "The Man" 8)

Gag

Latest posts

Back