41 Woody

is that chair scratched? was thinking of doing a bed frame for mine

Thanks Spud. I wasn't 100% happy with them, but they will do the job. Should look good all painted and such. :)

A wooden box on the left. I'll paint it up and whatnot. And a 1950's cooler on the right.

IMG_0914.jpg

Wow, the scratchbuilt stuff is AWESOME! I have attempted boxes and crates in the past without too much success. I admire your work on these bud.

The hinges and small details are brilliant.

Looks like this will be a build to keep an eye on!

Thanks guys.

The boxes aren't that hard to make. I find it is hard to get everything the same size and perfectly square. But that is what sandoing sticks are for. ;D

I'm hoping to get some paint on some of these little bits tomorrow to see how they look.

Remember the box in one of the above photos? Well, I decided to turn it into a safe.

IMG_0918.jpg

I also painted a few things. Not done with them but I have a base coat down. The engine is Alclad steel. I will use the hairspray technique to make the coming colour chipped so the steel will show through. Really, the heads shouldn't have any other colour as they are aftermarket and would likely be steel/mag. etc.. I also will use the same treatment on the cooler which I used aluminum Alclad instead of steel.

IMG_0919.jpg

I painted the chassis with Modelflex Weathered Black. I didn't paint it brown or rusty because I didn't want this chassis to be overly rusty. But it will be rusty. This is just a base.

IMG_0920.jpg

Latest posts

Back