41 Woody

noname

IMG_0854.jpg

Amt's 41 Ford Woody. Haven't even had the thing out of the bags yet. Although I did fondle them a bit. :) Someone gave this to me a few years back and I wasn't sure what to do with it. Well, I know now. And this is a good opportunity. This is for the auto category.

It will be built mostly box stock with a few details. I have to loot my parts box for some ordinary wheels and an ordinary carb. I don't like it when custom kits don't offer stock options. :mad: ;D I will detail the engine but other than that it will be box stock. Yes, some weathering will take place. And so will a whole BUNCH OF JUNK!!! OH YA,...JUNK !!! ;D :p :eek: You know, Stuff!

Thanks Errains. It won't exactly be a shade tree project but there will be alot of stuff in and on the car. ;)

Nice choice Matt ,I look forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Chris.

Thanks guys, good to have you along.

I got most of the engine done today. I like doing engines. :) Added parts box manifold, carb and dist.. Made some pulleys as well. Still have air cleaner and alternator left to do before paint.

IMG_0862.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

After looking at the above photos I realised those pulleys just weren't going to do. Too clunky. I made new ones and I feel much better about that. ;D I also made a coil, an air filter cover and the alternator. I'll add the fan belt and wires after paint of course.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

The valve covers are more of an aftermarket product but I wanted to stick with them. We'll just say this guy replaced his worn out engine with this hopped up Flathead. I am also going to use the headers and dual exhaust that come with the kit. These will be old and rusty however. I think the traditional little single carb I added will make sure the motor remains tame. ;)

I just started the chassis last night. This is an aftermarket quick change rear end. I will fix that and turn it into a more stock looking unit.

IMG_0863.jpg

I will also have to "stock" the front end as well. Those radius rods are a more of a custom thing.

IMG_0864.jpg

That axle is a little more dropped than stock which of course lowers the car. I'll have to think on that one. We don't want this old thing kissing the ground do we. :-*

Nice start Matt ,that motor is going to look sweet :)

Chris.

Ohh a Woody, Gona be Sweet Matt cant wait to see how you do the wood on her

Thank you Chris, Spud and Schweinhund227.

I got the rear end all sorted. Filled the hole in the rear axle up and the little holes in the fuel tank that were for the tail pipes. Which I'm not using cause they ugly custom thingys. As you can see I reamed out the exhaust and this will not have any tail pipes. I don't what they'll say when they go to get the car inspected, but that is not my problem. ;D

IMG_0875.jpg

Ya Spud, I was moving along nicely. I was visiting relatives the last couple of days. Guess what I accidentily left there (almost two hours drive)?

I did leave the body, motor and chassis home tho, so I still have them. just finished up the front suspension this morning. I guess the white stuff gives away what I added.

IMG_0889.jpg

Hey Matt.
The build looks good so far so I will be watching for next updates.
Cheers

Looking great Matt!! Getting it together!!!! Chassis is looking the part brotha'!!

Thanks guys. This is a decent kit with fairly good detail. The only reason I'm doing the work I'm doing is because I wanted this car to be set in the late 50's-early 60's and I wanted it to be more stock than custom. A little custom is okay because these old cars have lived many lives being passed from one owner to the other.

Ya Spud, it sucked. I'll get it back sometime but it may not be for a couple of weeks. I'm not too bothered as I still have some things to scratch for it. And if all else fails, I'll just start my #$2 entry. ;)

Latest posts

Back