32 Ford sedan (colour confusion)

Mr.Crowley

Crazy, but that's how it goes.
Hello, I am new here, but not so new to the building as you will find out soon.

Ok, I thought I would start off with this little kit.

DSC00810.jpg

I have some colour schemes in mind, one that I am thinking of is white, but with a colourful glow, that is the twist to my colour schemes. (when I say colourful glow, you will see lots of colour, but the main colour is white) It will look plain white until the sunlight hits it, then the colour shows.

Anyway, that will not be happining too soon as I still have some prep work to do first.
Thanks for looking, any comments through this build will be greatfuly accepted as, in my book they all add to exp, no mater if it good or bad.

Thanks again for lookin.

Mr.Crowley. ;D

Got yourself a great project ahead of you! Will be following along! ;)

Sounds like you plan on a pearl coat over the white? I remember in the bad old days, guys would mix actual powdered mother of pearl with their paint, or gloss coat to replicate a pearl finish. Looks awesome if done right!

Thanks everyone for having a look,please pull up a chair, put your feet up and open a cold one, you are all welcome.

Now, next things next.
Elm City Hobbies, I have to say.... no it's not gonna be a pearl coat over the base, that would be too easy, and, not as colourful as this will turn out. There is colour going over the white, but it will still look just like straight white, but then you notice very bright green / red / silver / gold / purple / blue....... all showing up over the white. I have used the same methods on a black base, and got a very strange kind of disco ball, holagraphic look to the paint work, the white base I am not going with just so much colour, just to get it to stand out at times.

Anyway, enough of my rambling about it, thanks all for looking.
I will have some new pics up here soon.

Mr.Crowley

Well being a big hotrod/ratrod fan you can count me in on this one, you going with or without the fenders on this one?? ;D

`Boots`

Nice one ...D... I mean Mr Crowley ;D Looking forward to this one ;)

Chris.

Thanks everyone for climbing aboard this one.

Boots , haven't decided yet what to do (fenders or fenderless) Not doing much to it different, just box stock apart from the colour for now, but I have been thinkin of fenderless just for a change.

Chris, Thanks for comming in for a look, I will have some pics up shortly (hopefuly) if not they will be up by t'morrow morning.

Thanks again everyone for popping in and having a look, any feed back good or bad will be greatfuly excepted.

See ya all laters.

Mr.Crowley.

D?

What ever ya decide i`ll look forward to following this for sure.....................ya got me intrigued with the colour tho!! ;D

`Boots`

Like all of this series of 32 Ford kits from Revell, it's a great little kit with some cool options. It can have parts mixed and matched with the other kits in the series and there is good aftermarket support expecially from Replicas and Miniatures. Have fun with it and I look forward to your build. 8)

Ok, sorry for the delay in getting back here, some things outside of kit building kept me away for a while. But, back to it again, for a while I hope.

First up some pics.

The body is painted after some trouble with paint, you can see some of the colour showing in these pics, will give some idea of what it looks like.
DSC00817.jpg

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00820.jpg

DSC00825.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

Chassis is also painted, also with it's paint problems.

DSC00827.jpg
I noticed on some parts that the (sparkle layer) took a reaction to the white base, this is due to being 2 different brands of paints. All sorted now though.

Next up will be the engine being built up and painted etc.

Thanks for looking, stay tuned for some engine pics.

Mr.Crowley
;D 8)

Now, I have some work done on the engine.

I decided to go with a gold engine block, and add the chrome parts to it just to keep the look of something Clean and flashy.

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00833.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

After adding some chrome, I still need to tidy some bits'n'pieces a bit, but that's no big job.
DSC00853.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

DSC00857.jpg

DSC00858.jpg

DSC00860.jpg

Some of the front end suspension and such is all chrome so I will be thinking next up, I will be spraying the rear axle and suspension with a bright silver to keep the flow and match up the running gear underneath.
Also noticed in the box, there is 2 wheel options, #1. five spoked rims (like the 32 coupe's) or #2. wire spoked rim with a dished center. I am thinking of the optin #2, with fenderless bodywork, will look kinda funky.

Anyways, thanks again for lookin, I will try and get some pics up again shortly.

Mr.Crowley
;D 8)

Just a quicky, I have tried to get a couple of pics of the bodywork colour, to show the colour better, hope these work.
DSC00843.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

DSC00848.jpg

Now, it's 01:06am , I am off to see what my bed feels like.
;D :)

Thanks everyone for all the good comments.

The paint work is a bit of a mix up, I have used humbrol matt white hobby spray, then added a couple of mist coats of the Tamiya "Lame flake" colour pain. The lame flake is a clear base to it with small colour flakes through it, it works on any colour base but the only thing is, when yu look at it up close you notice the flakes show up as very tiny grey speckles, but depending on the light it is under, you get a multitude of colours popping out (rainbow type colours) gives it that different touch to it, makes people look twice to see it changing colour.

I will try and get some more pics up later but the build progress is real slow at the minute as other things get in the way of build time.

Thanks again for lookin, and the good comments.

Mr.Crowley
8) ;D

Coming along a treat Mr C, that is a nice effect on the paint i have too say........... ;D

`Boots`

Latest posts

Back