3 more payments and it's all mine!!

TRM

Hello…again!!

I couldn’t take it any more!!! Time for a little playing around!! Let loose and build free!! No plans, no thinking...just do!!! A few of you have heard this before in the past! Seems to come about every so often where a "fix" is needed.....this is one of those moments!! ::)

First off the kit!!!

002.jpg

This is a re-issue of an older kit....yeah, a dawg of a kit!! Not a ton of detail on this and only a handful of parts!! The engine, if I were to use it (on the fence) leaves a lot to be desired.....the trailer I think is out.....I would do better scratching one...but this won't stop progress...yet!

Chevy2010.jpg

The '76 Chevy in all her glory.. :p! Every thing you see, is not glued together. It all just fits together...sort of!!!

Chevy2008.jpg

She does have some nice lines and some potential for improvement along the way.

Chevy2020.jpg

The white ones are always harder to photograph......

Chevy2018.jpg

I owned one similar once....she is a boat and the back window was killer at a drive-in...Anyone remember them? ;D

Chevy2012.jpg

As you can see, I stripped back the lovely fake chrome already!!

Chevy2006.jpg

With that...I am off and running! I need to make a few alterations and slight modifications but the building end should cruise along!! This is good, because all I care about is the painting and weathering!!! So, clearing the mind and just going to go with it!

As always, I thank you for stopping in!!! ;)

Is to dang dumb to know how to book mark anything on the computer ha ha ha but I sure will be following this build.

Thanks Scott...glad to have you along!!!

LOL...thanks CT!! Definitely a boat!!! With the amount of glass on this you would think it was a green house!!! ;)

LOL...all good Hoot! Did you find the "Add Bookmark button on the bottom? ::) Thanks for hanging around for this one!!!

LOL..you are a sick man!! Love the triple headlights though!!! ;D

I've always thought this would be a neat kit just because it could be used for many different things. Although, it ain't no muscle car! If it is that crappy maybe it could be a curbside. Should be fun, I'll keep my eye on this one.

Hey Matt!! Thanks for hanging out!! Yeah, no muscle on this one...seen a couple hyped up before...more of a street Titanic!! Got a small update a little later on today. To tired last night to make the effort!!

Woah !!! ...Hold the boat Theodore !!! where did this come from ??? ...Looks like another cool project , How many is that now ?? ;D

Chris.

LOL.....you have not miss too much yet Chris!! Well, what's in a number? (seven) Having some fun (7) Just keeping the idle hands busy (one more than 6, one less than 8) So when if I were to count I would not be bothered by the number (please don't count the wengy-thengs and assorted queens on the shelf). ::)

Hope to have another update on this one a bit later if I am lucky!! ;)

;D ;D ;D Its ok bro ...yer not alone ;) ( Im about the same ! )

Chris.

PMA....Plastic Modelers Anonymous

Sounds like we need a program like this!!! ;)

Wait...I don't have a problem...the plastic does not control me....off to the bench!! Talk you later!! ;D

Nice start T! Your doing what I'm doing lol grab an old kit get it built quick then on to the painting and weathering!
Funny we need that fix, I was so happy to have an hour to myself today playing with paint, I didn't even notice it was snowing outside and I was slowly freezing! Theres a point does paint freeze?
Anyway can't wait to see what you do with this mate.

John ....YES ...Water based acrylics do freeze ....go on ask me how I know ::) Especially MC Vallejo ! when they thaw they turn to jelly :mad:

Chris.

Thanks John!!! Ohhh, the "Fix" is always needed!! LOL...paint does freeze!!! :eek: Unless you have one of those new sporty AB's that shoot ice cubes? ::) Or even Mr. S's Jelly cannon!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

It is very relaxing to take something (even junk kits) and just paint something!! Not to mention they are great cheap test beds for, well testing and just all around "keeping your chops up" fun!! You might need a shed heater though!!! ;)

About 2yrs ago we had a bad winter ,for around 2 weeks it dropped to -17 degrees at night ,the lowest was -21 !!! I had left about a dozen Vallejo bottles and a bottle of klear in the workshop ....they froze solid !!! ??? :(

Chris.

That stinks Chris!! I keep forgetting that "the shed" is more widely used out where you are than here. Basements, Cellars and Garages (Car ports) are used giving us a more protected venue for painting! Travel kits....a case or piece of luggage that you can remove from the shed and protect your paints is the way to go!! I have, what I call a travel kit, this way if I choose to build outside or in the basement or wherever, lock and load and I am on my way!.

Ahh, time for a small update on this one!! Been splitting my time between too many projects it seems...LOL!!!

Alright then....

Time to have a little playtime with the Dremel.

Chevy3003.jpg

After making some cuts and grinds, followed by a little picking with the knife...

Chevy4007.jpg

Chevy4003.jpg

Still some Dremel work to do along the way here, but I turned to some detail upgrades. This kit has pretty much nothing for added details. I added a shift, directional and wheel tilt...and the button on the bottom for the hazards.

Chevy3004.jpg

Working on some more details for the interior at the moment but this one is moving along nicely!!

Thanks for having a LQQY!!!

Latest posts

Back