21 cm Morser 18 ....A big Gun !!

Hi folks ;D

Back on my feet ..again ::) ,Thanks for all the kind comments and well wishes ,very much appreciated ;) I think the worst of things is behind me now so hopefully I can crack on again :)

Done a bit more on this one ,I've set all the parts together for a few pics thats why the gun isnt sitting properly in the rails ,still got a lot more to do including a base to put it on . Oh ...and she will be displayed in the firing position ,I just put it on the limber for a few pics ;D

DSCF4181.jpg
DSCF4182.jpg
DSCF4180.jpg

I'll get more pics up later .

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

wow looks great chris love teh color shading of what ever u call it

Thanks Spud ;) Its had a few thin washes of Raw Umber oils ,followed by pin washes of the same colour ,highlighting and colour fading was done with Buff oil paint ,still more to do tho' including some chips,scratches and rust spots .Details also need painting :)

Chris.

That look sweet Chris!!! Neded to bring out the wide angle lens huh? LOL!! ;)

Fantastic! Great paint work, some good depth in the color there.
Have fun with the rest and good to see you're up and back at it.

Did you find out where they were storing the Anchors and base plate while in transport mode ??? a truck or some other way ?

The Washes looks great ! What a Cool looking Howitzer!

Thanks fella's ;)

Norm ,Im not sure buddy ,I'd assume they were carried in the back of the Famo that was normally used to tow these . Wouldnt fancy lifting those anchors tho' ...that would be another few Hernias ....lol But the all up weight of this gun in the firing position is 16.7 tonnes and in the 'towed' position its 22.5 tonnes ....so its no lightweight !!

Chris.

Thanks again guys ;)

Well Im nearly done with this one ;D I think the next update will be the last one .

The big gun its self is just about done ,all I have to do is finish the limber & ground anchors ,then make a simple display base for it .

So for now a couple of pics of the gun ,I've added aa little more weathering ,but not too much ,also painted in the details ..range poles,tools etc .......

DSCF4262.jpg
DSCF4263.jpg
DSCF4260.jpg
DSCF4259.jpg

Thanks for looking. ;)

Chris.

Great Job on this Chris!!! The weathering is tops my friend!! Are you making a base for her?

Thanks T ,yeah it well just be something simple to display it on ;)

BTW ....Where's you're little shooter ??

Chris.

Thanks Rob , Actually I ment to do that in those pics ...but forgot ::) I'll get one up later ;)

Chris.

Ok ,back with a little scale pic ...remember this is 1/72nd scale ;)

DSCF4269.jpg

Chris.

Latest posts

Back