21 cm Morser 18 ....A big Gun !!

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Bit late in here ,but heyho ;D

I found this one in the stash ,so I thought I'd pull it out and use it for my entry here . Dont let the scale put you off ...it is a BIG shooter !

DSCF4122.jpg

This will be displayed in the firing position on a base .

Chris.

Corr, yet another kit on the bench. :eek: wish I had the time to build as many kits as you do Chris. Looking forward to this bud.

Nice to have y'all aboard ;)

I was hoping to finish up paint on the Marder and get some basecoats on the Arado today ....but the light and the weather is rubbish here with the rain & wind again ::)
So I've made a bit of a start on this one ;D

Some pics later .

Chris.

Great way to take advantage of crappy weather eh Chris. Looking forward to the first round of pics bro.

rain is an unserstatement its like the oceans have upturned on us

(((lol)))....you said it Spud ,hasnt let up all day ,and we got winds up to about 60mph too !!! The feilds are really starting to fill up now too .I had to get all the sheep up to the back field on the hill :mad:

Chris.

lol ya im down in carrigaline so not far from the cost and we have it bad here too, the river Lee in town was fairly high when i passed it today. and the flooding is crazy.

Ok ,Time I got an update done ::)

So ,I started with the main gun cradle & gun . The gun is not fixed in place yet ,its just there for the pic .Im going to have to build and paint this one in a number of sub-assemblies.
I still have some filler to rub down on some parts and other bits need tidying ,so apologies if it looks untidy ::)

DSCF4128.jpg
DSCF4129.jpg
DSCF4133.jpg
DSCF4134.jpg

The Gun its self doesnt actually recoil on these ,rather the whole cradle slids along two big main rails or chassis if you like .

DSCF4132.jpg

DSCF4137.jpg

DSCF4131.jpg

DSCF4135.jpg

It looks a lot further on than it is ,there is still LOTS of work to do !!

Thanks for looking.

Chris.

Thanks Myke , So would I ...as long as Im behind it ;D

Chris.

Hey buddy! Glad to see you digging in!! ;D Looking real nice! As well as making some nice progress there. keep those fire lit!! 8)

Thanks T , I go under the knife tomorrow buddy so the fires will be out for aday or two :(

see ya soon ;)

Chris.

I will keep a couple lit for you in your absence. I wish you well my friend and a speedy recovery!! ;)

was wondering why there was no chris today. hope all goes well budy. tell them i said take an arm as there at it :)

Hi fella's ,

Had my op ....And Im still here ;D with both arms (Spud ;) ) Got a lot of staples in tho so it'll be a day or two before I get back to the bench :(

Chris.

Latest posts

Back