2013 Camaro LZ1

Madhatter

Greetings guys

I got this kit from a work mate's mate who didn't want it, so he gave it to my friend who doesn't build kits, so I ended up with it.
I'm not a huge fan of Camaros or much of a car modeller (sci-fi yes! Cars - hmmm - OK I guess) so this won't be as good as it probably could be. Sorry to the Camaro fans
Anyway, this is the new kit from Revell (a bit of research told me this). When Ii first saw it, I thought it was one of those Pre-painted Snap-Fit kits because the body was already coloured in Metallic red with black trim. Fortunately, upon going through the contents, I found it to be a normal type kit.
So then I scoured the net looking for inspirational schemes, and I found a rather nasty looking black one. I decided that looked awesome, so I went with that. The wheels are Alclad Gold Titanium and the body is Tamiya Spray can black with airbrushed black trim in semi-gloss black.
Enough talking, here's the end result:

I'm sorry about the white balance issues at the end there - I spent AGES editing and fixing it all in Photobucket but it seems only the original images post - so not sure what that's all about.
That's all, but thanks for looking! :)
MH

Yeah, they aren't a snap kit, for sure, but have many less parts than a regular Revell car kit, I think both the Camaro and the Challenger are under 50parts each, with the prepainted body and such.

Makes for a quick build though, good one if you are in a funk and need to get the juices flowing again!

Beautiful build! Too bad the kit can't let you drop down the ride height just a smigen. :-[ :-\

Latest posts

Back